This Jobsfunter Listing is about Paylocity in Schaumburg, IL 2022
About the job
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that’s stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let’s go forward together.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Reports To: Director, Corporate Citizenship
The Corporate Citizenship and ESG Specialist is responsible for executing on Paylocity’s Community Impact (GIVES), Sustainability and ESG targets, and supporting DEIA & Culture Crew initiatives. The role serves as a liaison between the company and the surrounding community to promote the company’s values of corporate citizenship through social responsibility initiatives. Coordinates employee volunteer programs, community service and/or sustainability efforts with local leaders or non-profits. Reinforces the organization’s visibility, influence and reputation through community cause-related initiatives and their promotion. May administer charitable giving programs, community outreach programs, foundation grant programs and other philanthropic initiatives.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity which bring distinct, specific projects to completion both on time and within budget.
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Supports Paylocity’s quarterly week of giving
- Educates and encourages employee engagement in community and sustainability initiatives to drive messaging. Evaluates and fosters relationships with local organizations and non-profits for partnership and sponsorship opportunities.
- Measures and provides accurate reporting of engagements and effectiveness of programs with a solutions-based and strategic approach.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Supports the sustainability strategy and drives the implementation within the whole Group across functions and regions with the aim to position the Group as an ESG champion in the industry sector.
- Embeds sustainability in the organizational culture and links sustainability to financial performance
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Responsible for the oversight of the employee social engagement events and volunteers (culture crew)
- Manages to the allocated budgets
- Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Other duties as assigned
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, environmental sustainability, or related field or equivalent experience
- Professional certification in sustainability preferred
- 3-5 years of total experience
- At least 1-2 years of experience in supporting CSR efforts to include: grant making processes, CSR reporting, charitable and volunteer event planning, community engagement.
- Ability to work agilely, respectfully and with impact across multiple cultures
- High Level of detail orientation; sense of urgency; manages to deadlines closely
- A resourceful self-starter with a bias toward taking well-informed action.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HRIS
- Comfortable with database tools and programs like Google, Blackbaud, VolunteerMatch/CyberGrants, YourCause
- Ability to initiate and facilitate change across multiple functions and regions and to engage teams in the ESG initiative
- Ability to work effectively with different internal functional groups and levels of employees including Senior Leadership representatives
- Responsive and timely in response to internal and external customers
- Proven ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential situations with a high degree of professionalism, maturity, and discretion.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities while keeping the needs of the business partners top of mind. Strong organization and planning skills, proactively prioritizing critical work.
- Approachable with an ability to readily develop rapport and build relationships while quickly building credibility.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills, and knowledgeable about social media channels.
- High degree of self-structure in proactively setting goals and prioritizing critical tasks.
- Empathetic; possess the ability to make tough decisions without damaging partnerships.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to communicate with external stakeholders and community contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At Paylocity, we believe diversity makes us better.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, culture, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion or spiritual belief, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. We actively cultivate these differences through our employee resource groups (ERGs), employee experiences, perspectives, talents, and approaches to drive innovation in the software and services we provide our customers.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Schaumburg, IL
Application Deadline: N/A