Website Owens & Minor
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Owens Minor in Huntington Beach, CA 2022
About the job
At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated technologies, products and services across the full continuum of care. Customers—and their patients—are at the heart of what we do.
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and our success starts with our teammates.
Owens & Minor Teammate Benefits Include
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working day
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global company
Service the needs of our patients by verifying insurance coverage and performing administrative activities associated with the procurement of prescriptions and authorizations. The representative’s focus will be to obtain any necessary documentation proactively before the customer’s next order date is due that will allow for proper reimbursement/payment.
Essential Job Functions
- General knowledge of the medical payer landscape on a regional and national level and their requirements for authorization approvals and payment.
- Reviews and approves documentation received by third parties, for submission to payors.
- Document activities in ERP system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Skilled in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Answers questions from customers, clerical staff, insurance companies, and physician offices.
- Able to make outbound calls to obtain appropriate documentation for reimbursement of orders shipped.
- Identifies and resolves patient complaints.
- Provides feedback to Group Team Lead regarding issues with accounts. Conducts routine tasks as directed, under clearly defined guidelines. Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed.
- Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects.
Education & Experience Required
- Associate degree
- One or more years of customer service experience
- Or any combination of education and experience to meet the above requirements
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Familiar with medical terminology and insurances HCPCS/ICD-9 codes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Outlook.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin physical or mental handicap, disability, age or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran , or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Company: Owens & Minor
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Application Deadline: N/A