Volunteer: New Employee Onboarding for Rising Tide Effect Jobs in O’Reilly Auto Parts Houston, TX
Website O'Reilly Auto Parts
This Jobsfunter Listing is about OReilly Auto Parts in Houston, TX 2022
About the job
Help Rising Tide Effect design an effective onboarding program for the organization including an employee onboarding checklist and recommendations for best practices.
The Rising Tide Effect (RTE) is a 501c3 that seeks to bring positive change to underserved communities through the aquatic experience. Swimming is a critical life skill that is essential to water safety and has the power to save lives. It is also a mechanism through which people can grow and thrive. RTE was created to uplift people experiencing socioeconomic hardship by providing frameworks for not only education and safety, but also personal development, through swimming.
Fun Fact About Us
The founder is a lifelong swimmer, former competitive, and was put on this earth to help other people grow through swimming. There are other people out there who feel the same way, which is why people love to teach in our program.
What You’ll Work On
- A written document that identifies the Organization’s timeline, onboarding goals, recommended responsibilities and support for new hire success:
- An onboarding checklist and timeline template that can be completed by the Organization for each new hire
- A suggested checklist and template outlining onboarding methods the Organization should pursue to meet its goals (human resources and information technology materials, department presentations, mentor assignment, skill sharing, etc.)
- Recommendations on how to delegate onboarding responsibilities within the Organization or department, if applicable
- A short plan for communicating with the new hire prior to their first day of work
anything that can be automated in googleforms , etc would be super.
- Human Resources
- Experience in employee or volunteer hiring and management (i.e., human resources, organizational management, or other leadership role)
- Experience managing a successful employee onboarding process
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 30-40 hours over 5-6 weeks
Why You’ll Love Volunteering With Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Catchafire is committed to helping nonprofits affected by COVID-19 who need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits & social enterprises with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills, pro bono. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well scoped, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire’s team of Nonprofit Advisors.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering
Company: O’Reilly Auto Parts
Vacancy Type: Volunteer · Associate
Job Location: Houston, TX
Application Deadline: N/A