Restaurant Host/Hostess (PT) Vacancies in Omni Hotels & Resorts Rancho Mirage, CA
Website Omni Hotels & Resorts
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Omni Hotels Resorts in Rancho Mirage, CA 2022
About the job
Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
The 444-room Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa is classic Rancho Mirage re-imagined for the 21st-century traveler. Our luxurious Palm Springs hotel rooms surround you in Spanish Colonial-inspired style and a soothing desert palette of beige, sand, and ivory. With plenty of space for your peace and your quiet, you’ll also open French doors to your very own private patio or balcony where the warm desert air and breathtaking views await.
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort and Spa’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Rancho Las Palmas may be your perfect match.
Responsible for delivering excellence in guest service by developing relationships with guests, providing personalized service, anticipating and delivering guests’ needs. The Host comprehends the restaurant operation and seats our guests with a friendly demeanor keeping their expectations and the needs of the operation in mind.
- Consistent maintenance and refinement of service standards. Ensures compliance with all hotel standards and local laws.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety and sanitation awareness standards. Prepare daily for health department and Ecosure inspections.
- Perform all necessary tasks for a host according to the standard operating procedure of the hotel including but not limited to answering phone, managing reservations and table assigmnents, greeting guest, seating guests, explaining restaurant concepts.
- Perform all sidework as assigned by management including but not limited organization of restaurant host stand and guest entrance, menu cleanliness.
- Responsible to adhere to all proper trash procedures.
- Must retain and maintain complete knowledge of all food and beverage menu items.
- Report to management any need for housekeeping or maintenance of restaurant and restaurant equipment.
- Responsible to maintain all furniture, fixtures and equipment to a high standard. Minimize breakage by demonstrating care when handling hotel assets and equipment.
- Perform proper steps of service when seating guests. Responsible for ensuring high-quality table sets prior to seating tables.
- Ensure positive guest service and respond positively to complaints, taking all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Respond to guests’ requests in an accurate and timely manner, creating a positive outcome that will result in a memorable experience.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel offerings and local surroundings, i.e. nearby entertainment, theaters, etc.
- Contribute to the restaurant sanitation operation and timing of service out of the kitchen and to the table. Ensures prompt delivery and quality control from point of departure to arrival.
- Responsible to attend daily stand up meeting to gather relevant information prior to service.
- Contribute to the cleanliness and organization of all restaurant space, FOH & BOH.
- Executes all necessary instructions on Restaurant Event Orders.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect and cooperation among co-workers. Treats co-workers fairly and equitably.
- Maintain a professional, neat and organized appearance according to Omni Boston Seaport standards.
- Respond swiftly and effectively in any emergency or safety situations. Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury or accident.
- Attend all required department trainings and meetings.
- Perform any other duties required by leadership.
- Candidate must have hands-on food and beverage knowledge and a comprehensive, working knowledge of the hospitality business.
- A minimum of relevant host experience in a fine dining restaurant is strongly preferred.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed during busy times and high-profile events, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Highly developed customer service skills; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail.
- Proven ability to engage guests at all levels. Must be passionate about providing warm, engaging and personalized service.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Must possess the ability to handle stressful and busy hotel operations. Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor and composure at all times.
- Must have the ability to report to work on time and when scheduled.
- Must have the ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must meet standards of appearance and maintain a high level of personal hygiene at all time.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills. Candidate must be comfortable speaking to guests. Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management, and co-workers.
- Computer literacy to include Payroll systems, Micros, POS systems
- Serve Safe certified | Unexpired TIPs required.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to [email protected].
Company: Omni Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Rancho Mirage, CA
Application Deadline: N/A