Coordinator, Scheduling and Registration – Breast Imaging Positions in NYU Langone Health Mineola, NY
Website NYU Langone Health
This Jobsfunter Listing is about NYU Langone Health in Mineola, NY 2022
About the job
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Coordinator, Scheduling and Registration – Breast Imaging.
In this role, the successful candidate Schedules appointments in Hospital Information Systems. Liaison with referring physicians office staff. Answers and filters phone calls accordingly in a timely manner and utilizes Cyracom when necessary. Responsible for the pre-registration, and completing the registration process. Creates the first impression of the institution’s services to patients, families, and other external customers. Obtains demographic information, prescriptions and applicable medical documents, and insurance information. Ensures patients, families, and other external customers understands required financial responsibilities and expectations. Assumes clinical and financial risk of the organization when collecting and documenting information on behalf of the patient.
- Schedules patient. May call patients to confirm appointment and location and necessary items to bring along with any instructions for preparation for an exam.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Verifies documentation for accuracy. This may include prescription, insurance card, photo IDs, thorough patient index search to avoid duplication of Medical record number.
- Completes check in and registration when patient arrives. Includes using the RELATE model when communicating with patients and their families. Ensures patients or their representatives are informed of regulations surrounding the required consents at the time of registration or thereafter. Collects co-pays, or other patient responsibilities per NYU Winthrop Hospital Point of Service collection policies and procedures.
- Communicates with patients, referring physician offices and fellow staff members in a helpful, friendly and professional manner. Answers and filters phone calls properly in a timely manner. Understands the phone functions to receive and directs calls, forwards and transfers and uses Cyracom phone for patients with different preferred first languages.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent. 1- 2 years Customer Service experience. Strong communication (both oral and written), multitasking, detail orientation, organizational, excellent customer service, and interpersonal skills. Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications ( Excel, Word, and Outlook ). Knowledge of medical terminology.
1- 2 years Scheduling experience in a medical office or a Healthcare facility setting. Knowledge of software systems (i.e. Epic, Carestream, Soarian etc.).
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccpegs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Company: NYU Langone Health
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Mineola, NY
Application Deadline: N/A