Painter careers in NYC Administration for Children’s Services New York, NY
Website NYC Administration for Children's Services
This Jobsfunter Listing is about NYC Administration for Childrens Services in New York, NY 2022
About the job
*THIS POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO CANDIDATES WHO ARE PERMANENT (NOT PROVIISONAL) IN THE CIVIL SERVICE TITLE OF PAINTER*
The Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) protects and promotes the safety and well-being of New York City’s children and families by providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and early care services. In child welfare, ACS contracts with private nonprofit organizations to support and stabilize families at risk of a crisis through preventive services and provides foster care services for children not able to safely remain at home. Each year, the agency’s Division of Child Protection conducts more than 55,000 investigations of suspected child abuse or neglect. In juvenile justice, ACS manages and funds services including detention and placement, intensive community-based alternatives for youth, and support services for families. In early care, ACS coordinates and funds programs and vouchers for close to 100,000 children eligible for subsidized care.
The New York City Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) is seeking an outstanding candidate to serve as a Painter within the the Secured Detention Building Operations Unit within Real Estate, Design, Construction and Facilities Management of ACS Division of Administration. The selected candidate will become an integral member of the rapid facility maintenance, setup, and safe condition restoration support teams at the Secure Juvenile Detention Centers located in the Bronx and Brooklyn. This role will focus primarily on management of facility repairs, maintenance, and medium to large-scale projects at the Detention Center facilities. Due to the population of children and families served, health and safety considerations are always paramount in the work we do.
The qualified candidate selected for this role will be responsible for the following duties
Under direct supervision, the Painter will conduct indoor and outdoor patching and painting of general nature, including all preparatory work and necessary coats related to the job at hand.
- Prepare, fill and prime surfaces for painting
- Mix paint components and match colors
- Apply paint with a brush, roller or paint gun to surfaces
- Apply plaster to surfaces
- May rig lines, scaffolds and work on/from ladders, platforms or scaffolds as needed
- May erect ladders
- Take proper care of all materials, tools and equipment
- Keep work records updated as required
- Ensure all projects are conducted and completed in compliance with NYC Building Code, Energy Code, and all regulations in accordance with Department of Environmental Protection and the New York Fire Department (FDNY). Additionally, Detention projects must be completed in compliance with Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Article 47 regulations, and as applicable, all other oversight including but not limited to New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS)
- May operate motor vehicle, as required, in the performance of assigned duties
Minimum Qual Requirements
- Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a painter acquired within the last fifteen years; or
- At least three years of full-time satisfactory experience as a painter acquired within the last fifteen years and sufficient full-time satisfactory apprentice painter experience to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of apprentice painter experience.
- The preferred candidate should possess strong communications skills, both written and verbal;
- The ability to tailor correspondence and communications to audiences with varied technical knowledge/background;
- Must be comfortable with a fast-paced, busy environment where workload, priorities and directives change shift on a regular basis and exhibit the ability to excel and prioritize workloadesponsibilities within a results-oriented, fast-paced work culture.
- Additional preferences for the ideal candidate are:
- Experience with sensitivity towards regulations requirements and nuances associated with working at facilities where children are present;
- Knowledge or experience working with web-based facility management and/or Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- The preferred candidate may operate motor vehicle, as required, in the performance of assigned duties.
Section 424-A of the New York Social Services Law requires an authorized agency to inquire whether a candidate for employment with child-caring responsibilities has been the subject of a child abuse and maltreatment report.
The City of New York and the Administration for Children’s Services are Equal Opportunity Employers Committed to Diversity
Click on the “Apply to” button
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Company: NYC Administration for Children’s Services
Vacancy Type: $58,000/yr – $79,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A