Sr. Vice President of Engineering vacancy in NPAworldwide Cleveland, OH
This Jobsfunter Listing is about NPAworldwide in Cleveland, OH 2022
About the job
Why a Great Opportunity
The organization is the leading provider of electric motor and generator repair services in North America with locations coast to coast. The organization offers in-shop repair services, field services, distribution, and asset storage on a local, regional, and national scale. Customers are in the power generation, oil and gas, paper, metals, steel, and many others.
This position offers competitive compensation, technical training, comprehensive medical coverage, Flexible Spend Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, 401 (k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement and relocation.
The Sr. Vice President of Engineering will be at the center of the engineering team and will provide technical leadership and functional support with a focus on achieving organizational growth and operating objectives.
This person will develop and deploy technologies that advance the strategic vision and mission, establish uniform specifications and work standards for the motor repair and field service functions.
- Will be the Team leader for the integration of company engineering and technical functions
- Manage functional deployment with HR, CIPS, and operational design team
- Maintain and administer motor repair, coil manufacturing, winding, engineering, customer, and industry specifications
- Develop and maintain repair/field service work procedures and work instructions
- Build technical repository for standard work instructions, forms, data sheets and final reports
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards
- Perform skills assessments and technical training
- Evaluate emerging and disruptive technologies for the development of new revenue streams and increased market share
- Maintain supplier qualifications and support strategic sourcing projects
- Reverse engineer motor and generator designs
- Ensure that repairs meet customer expectations and applicable industry standards
- Assist with implementation of quality improvement actions
- Drive development of electrical work motor repair instructions
- Interpret and ensure compliance with operating policies and procedures
- High level experience with Motors & Generators
- Knowledge of AC & DC insulation systems, coil design – Volts/Turn, Volts/Mil Calculations
- Knowledge of High Voltage Motors, Generators, and testing
- Working Knowledge IEEE Standards and NEMA MG-1, API-541/547
- Hands on knowledge of trouble shooting AC & DC motor and Generators issues
- Working knowledge of Vibration analysis for AC & DC Motors/Generators
- Working knowledge of flux calculations for AC Induction Motors
- BS EE is preferred
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Executive
Job Location: Cleveland, OH
Application Deadline: N/A