This Jobsfunter Listing is about Novartis in Fort Worth, TX 2022
About the job
What you’ll be doing:
- Improve the engineering processes with respect to buildings, equipment, utilities and energy for Pharmaceutical Development in Fort Worth.
- Ensure maintenance of high-performing machinery and be responsible for engineering related tools and systems (calibration, engineering database, CMMS).
- Provide servant leadership and guidance to the local team and collaborate with global stakeholders.
- Management and coordination of all site integrated Engineering activities
- Ensure availability of competent, high performing people and develop the talent pool
- Responsible for developing / submission / implementing investment projects
- Alignment across different units and functions (e.g. Manufacturing, QA, Supply Chain, Validation, P&O,..)
- Global stakeholder management
- Budget and cost control processes for repair and maintenance, responsible for CAPEX and OPEX investments
- Compliance related to GMP / safety requirements, support inspections
- Continuous improvement of operational Engineering processes and tasks
- Reliability of facilities, infrastructure and equipment, technical optimization, shutdown planning
- Coordinate HSE and Quality audits in your responsibility area and ensure that all systems & processes are complying, and audit readiness is given at any time
- Facilitate and promote a high-performance teamwork environment with a culture of empowerment, curiosity, accountability and servant leadership.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Advanced degree in Engineering (M. Sc. / B. Sc.) or equivalent
- 5+ years of engineering experience, pharmaceutical industry preferred, leadership experience as well as strong communication and organizational skills
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Excellent project management skills including contract management and project assessment / financial knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, ability to effective present complex ideas and solutions to executive management, technical experts and regional / local teams
- In-depth technical knowledge in chemical and / or pharmaceutical processes and equipment
- Audit experience
- Extended HSE and GxP/QA knowledge
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Global Drug Development
TECHNICAL R & D GDD
Fort Worth, TX
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX
Application Deadline: N/A