A proactive Controls Systems Technician will focus on equipment troubleshooting and maintaining material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets.
- Perform predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance of computer-based process control, SCADA, and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), using a variety of diagnostic tools, historical data, blueprints, factory specifications and the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Performing installation, maintenance and repair of electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical instrumentation
- Monitor Material Handling Equipment (MHE) metrics and partner with facilities/operations for system performance issues
- Maintain material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, Device Net, motor control systems, servo drives, variable frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
- Communicate technical issues to Facilities Maintenance Management and Operations Leaders
- Perform and utilize FC/DC system assessments to identify opportunities in improving utilization of systems/equipment.
- Analyze system failures or condition to determine root cause or potential for breakdown
- Utilize FC/DC System Assessment reports improving material handling system performance through maintaining and repairing identified deficiencies
- Understand concepts of Warehouse Management System Software including Warehouse control systems
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
- Associates degree in electronic technology/engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot PLC’s and PLC components using relevant software.
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with automation controls systems
- Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
- 3+ years systems control knowledge and PLC troubleshooting experience classroom or working experience
- Working knowledge of ladder logic and PLC software such as Allen Bradley RS LOGIX 500 or 5000. Experience troubleshooting RS Logix 5000 is a plus, not necessary
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Iowa City, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org