Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Nfinite in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
If you are passionate about environmental action, have a background in the data sales, and want to make a difference by providing to global capital markets the data that allows them to invest in a net-zero, sustainable economy, then this could be the perfect job for you. Working within the Capital Markets team at CDP, this role will focus on driving sales engagement globally for the largest and most comprehensive series of environmental datasets on the market and professionally deliver our data to our large network of clients and supporters in the financial sector.
This role will take charge of all commercially focused data sales relationships in place in the UK, which includes large and influential asset managers, banks, and other financial services companies. The role will also require proactive promotion and marketing support for a variety of data products and services. In addition, the role will work with other data sales managers in different global regions to further enhance CDP’s unique selling proposition and support the development of a commercial sales strategy that can meet our team’s key objectives.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable expertise in data-focussed sales and contract negotiations, as well as skills in marketing and promoting products to a target audience. The ideal candidate will also have broad understanding and interest in financial services and environmental issues as well as some experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, and ideally some experience with managing projects and staff.
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with over 680 institutional investors with assets of over US$132 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 13,000 companies with over 60% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2021. This is in addition to more than 1000 cities, states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Environmental Data Sales Manager – Capital Markets
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing current contracts with UK-based financial institutions
- Support the creation of a global commercial data sales strategy and its implementation
- Find and pursue opportunities to sell CDP Capital Markets data products to Institutional investors, data providers, banks, and other financial services
- Support the closing of high-value commercial contracts with other account managers in the team
- Manage data related Request for Information (RFIs) and Proposals (RFP) from large Financial Institutions
- Collaborate with North-American and European based commercial data sales team and global Capital Markets account managers
- Passion for sustainability and working with the private sector on climate action
- Ability to work under pressure with geographically and culturally diverse teams
- Great quality assurance and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to relay complex technical information in an easily understandable manner
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a sales environment, with a focus in large data sales
- Experience in delivering data products to sophisticated corporate clients and their data teams
- Experience in responding to and delivering RFIs and RFPs, including composing written responses
- proficient in Excel and experience working with large datasets and data analysis expertise
- Understanding of Environmental (ESG) data attributes and the needs the financial sector in using this data
- Firm grasp of the environmental data marketplace, including current and potential competition to CDP Data products and services
Salary and benefits: £37,643 – £47,054 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits. The position is based in London but with flexible work from home arrangements.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK. We cannot sponsor this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages. The deadline is Wednesday, October 19th 2022.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A