Website New York Life Insurance Company
This Jobsfunter Listing is about New York Life Insurance Company in White Plains, NY
About the job
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
New York Life’s primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle-income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women’s markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
The Agency Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team works closely with the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team to help define, articulate, and execute DE&I strategies in support of our unique agency distribution system and to support oversight and governance of key new initiatives and the ongoing development of long-term sustained DE&I programs. The team works closely with the Office of General Counsel, Human Resources, the Office of Corporate Responsibility, Corporate Communications, and other key stakeholders in developing and governing our strategy. This team also supports key decision-making forums and senior executive meetings.
This role can be located in the White Plains or New York City Home Office
- Develop project plans including dependent tasks, timeline and resource needs, and to define implementation date(s) and phases
- Interface with stakeholders and business partners to set delivery expectations and resolve concerns or issues with proposed plans
- Ensures reasonable prioritization of projects and initiatives and ensures all workflow is in line with the department’s overall strategic and financial objectives
- Ensures that project status is proactively communicated to senior management and business stakeholders via regular written project summaries, reporting, and analysis
- Support and manage ad hoc research projects as required
- Plan and execute onsite and offsite meetings
- Represent senior management in meetings as necessary and prepare meeting summaries
- Prepare materials summarizing relevant information for senior management
- Establish and manage external partnerships and consultant relationships for project and program development
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in financial services preferred, insurance expertise a plus
- Experience with NYL Career Agency a plus – particularly recruiting, agent, and management development
- Must possess a passion for equity and inclusion amongst the entire spectrum of our diverse environment and a desire to effect change across the organization at all levels
- Skilled in Excel, PowerPoint and project management tools
- Outstanding analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Strong project and process management skills including proven ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Strong communication skills including experience in developing C level presentations and communications
- Collaborative work style and leadership presence with ability to effectively interact and earn trust of peers and senior management across the organization
- Large and small group facilitation skills and experience
- Self-starter with a passion to deliver results
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation . We’re proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 85988
Company: New York Life Insurance Company
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: White Plains, NY
Application Deadline: N/A