This Jobsfunter Listing is about Nationwide in Brea, CA 2022
About the job
If you’re passionate about helping a Fortune 100 company drive their strategy forward through innovative product development and advancing strategic partnerships to protect customers (and their pets), then Nationwide’s Strategy and Corporate Development Office might be the place for you!
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of multiple projects
- Conduct Business Impact and Change Impact analysis based on Project scope
- Ensure business resource availability for scope refinement and UAT sessions
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Coordinate UAT sessions with Business SMEs and Facilitate User Demos
- Track UAT Defects and coordinate with IT Delivery Project Manager for release dates
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Coordinate with Learning and Performance for Training Material and Training Plan
Compensation Grade G3
Job Description Summary
We are a versatile group of individuals, working together to meet the needs of our customers. We value knowledge, strong business savvy and contributing to a stellar team dynamic. If you thrive in a busy, engaging work environment, we want to know more about you!
As a Consultant, you’ll act independently or as a member of a team responsible for establishing a common understanding of the business environment in which a project must be defined, designed, created, deployed, used and supported. You will participate in major process modeling, analysis and design efforts providing business performance management, organizational design and business risk management capabilities to formulate pragmatic, forward facing and impactful business transformation plans.
- Partners with senior leaders to transform their businesses through the strategic application of people, processes and technology. Participates in the planning process by identifying complexities, dependencies and duplications.
- Demonstrates expertise in leading business process analysis/design, organizational analysis, needs assessments and cost/benefit analysis to align solutions with business strategies and direction. Consults with functional groups within Nationwide Technology and internal business clients to develop short- and long-term business transformation plans.
- Serves as process management contributor and consultant between business customers and systems area for development and implementation of business processes and procedures. Responsible for communicating to customers, management and external sources.
- Identifies critical elements of a business process that need to be managed. Defines criteria of performance success. Reports performance in a cohesive manner.
- As a team member, participates in analysis and design of organizational structures, roles, responsibilities, governance, staffing and sourcing to support business goals, strategies and process architecture. Provides significant contribution in executing business unit level change.
- Conducts and leads training of customers on business, technological, societal and environmental trends to support strategies for improving business performance.
- Facilitates evaluation and research of new and existing products, procedures and/or workflow needs associated with business systems for the company. Evaluates new technological developments and evolving business requirements, and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements.
- Develops compelling business cases, including gaining senior management input, to accomplish business objectives. Identifies, assesses and mitigates business risks associated with current operating model and/or desired target state operating models.
- May provide direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff. May assign responsibility for tasks, sets clear objectives and monitors progress and results. May monitors project schedules and costs. May develops project plans, work breakdown structures and desired outcomes for overall solution delivery.
Performs Other Responsibilities As Assigned.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Director. This is an individual contributor role and does not have direct reports; may have opportunity to lead projects or teams.
Typical Skills And Experiences
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information, business, mathematics or related field desired. Graduate studies are preferred.
Experience: Eight plus years of dynamic experience in planning, designing and implementing company-wide business transformation initiatives. Extensive experience in functional, process, information and data modeling, data management and warehousing and applications integration. In-depth experience with process redesign methods and tools. Three years of experience in project management is preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Demonstrated knowledge of standards, methodologies and frameworks, business process management and technology. Sound knowledge of a variety of tools, concepts and techniques. Understanding of new technologies and developments in the technology industry. Detailed knowledge of the system development life cycle. Knowledge of project management concepts and techniques are required. Thorough knowledge of facilitation, performance management, organizational design and managing organization change. Ability to lead large or sophisticated projects. Effective communication skills and ability to deal with ambiguity.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values.
Overtime Eligibility: Exempt (Not eligible)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Extended work hours may be required based on workload. May require occasional travel.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Brea, CA
Application Deadline: N/A