Website National Trust
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under National Trust in Swindon,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
***INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY PLEASE***
Our colleagues work for the National Trust in many locations and sometimes don’t have easy access to internal vacancy listings. Using the internet ensures we can reach as many of our colleagues as possible. We appreciate that this can be frustrating for external talent. Do note that some roles are released externally after an initial period of time.
We’re looking for a Holidays Operation Manager to join our team here at Heelis, Swindon; working on a hybrid basis. The position will require national travel to campsites with shops, and new campsites approximately three times a year to each site (likely 1 pre, 1 during, 1 post peak season).
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £29,640 – £31,512 per annum
Contract: 2 year fixed term basis
What it’s like to work here
To find out more about what it’s like to work within “Holidays” at the National Trust, click here to watch our video.
What you’ll be doing
This position will report directly to the Head of Operational Delivery for Holidays (Outdoors) and will work closely with the Area Managers, Holidays Operation Managers, and the food and beverage and retail leads in the Outdoors to establish consistent operating standards and procedures for the shop offer across a range of outlets. Campsite shops have evolved independently and hold a variety of food and beverage, retail, and Holidays-specific stock. This role will support the site-specific Holidays Operation Managers by providing a framework and operational support for the shop offer with strong links to other departments in the Trust required to deliver the shop offer successfully.
- Define and manage the stock range across retail, F&B and Holidays-specific products in all campsite shops
- Work with the retail and F&B framework to develop ambitions and rationale for campsite products (why we say yes, and why we say no – including climate action indicators)
- Lead on new suppliers, products for campsite shops.
- Test new offers, develop indicators for success, then roll out national testing.
- Identify opportunities for new outlets on existing and future campsites.
- Lead for the NAV system on behalf of Holidays.
- Develop the policy for price changes that works for Holidays and manage this.
- Introduce cost of sales and consumables costing for budget purposes in line with F&B and retail accounting.
- Manage the stock count and stock dump, including monthly reporting.
- Lead on allergens and food audits for Holidays.
- Test packaging and food waste removal programmes (in line with F&B and retail).
- Be the single point of contact for campsites, and other teams within the National Trust, on all matters relating to campsite shops.
- Conduct product amnesty on non-compliant products and suppliers.
- Develop and deliver a sustainable growth plan for campsite shops that is feasible within the context of the National Trust Holidays strategy.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience in an operational focused role
- Experience in leading and inspiring a team to an agreed set of results, contributing to their understanding and development
- You have experience understanding and delivering customer needs and delivering a culture of excellent customer service in the hospitality industry
- Ability to deliver results through successful cost control balanced with quality and to deadlines
- Experience and skills in managing operational budgets
- Experience of developing communications at all levels
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.
Company: National Trust
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Swindon,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A