Website Napo Pet Insurance
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Napo Pet Insurance in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Napo is a fast-growing Insurtech company committed to creating innovative & transparent products to help every pet owner keep their pets happy & healthy! We are in the business of selling peace of mind and want people to know that Napo is a synonym for quality. The pet insurance space has suffered from low quality and misleading products, and we want to ensure that all the Napo products are simple and have your back.
We’ve created a digital-first approach: no letters, no phone calls, no back and forth via email. We want our customers to be able to do whatever they need from our website and app in minutes, whenever it works for them. And if they need some support, they can talk to us over the phone.
The final piece in the puzzle is providing everything people need to take great care of their pets. Whether these are services such as behaviourist consultants, tools such as puppy training apps, or simply content, we aim to give pet owners everything they need to ensure their pet is happy and healthy for as long as possible.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead one of our 5-strong engineering teams. We have grown quickly and expect to double the size of the team by the end of the year. The ideal person is someone excited about growing and mentoring a group of exceptional engineers while building impactful products. The role reports directly to our CPO & Co-founder, Ludo, and will work closely with other EMs.
We build products across web and mobile using Python-React-React native on the Google cloud platform.
Skills we think you need
- A track record of managing, mentoring and developing engineers
- A not-so-distant experience shipping code to guide the team and lead by example in times of crisis.
- An ability to work closely with all business functions to create products our customers love!
Experience that is important to us
- At least three years of experience leading teams as a Lead Engineer (with management responsibility) or Engineering Manager
- 7+ years of backend engineering experience – we primarily use Python, but it’s not essential you have used it in the past.
- Have been part of a scaling environment. We have huge ambitions and will scale fast for years to come.
Behaviours (outside our values ???? ) to be successful in the role
- What we call product sense. We’re looking for someone who understands technology’s impact on people and customers.
- At Napo, you’ll be given a more significant amount of autonomy than most environments, you need to be comfortable with that and thrive in it!
What we offer:
- Everyone is an owner at Napo; you will receive Growth Shares on day 1
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now, we would ideally love to have people in the office two days per week – we have a friendly office in central London)
- Flexible leave policy (28 days annual holidays + bank holidays), and we think you should get your birthday as a holiday.
- Budget for personal growth and training
- Some of our benefits:
- BUPA health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Unlimited GP video consultation (free Babylon Health membership)
- Be candid and authentic.
- We bring our true selves to work – who we wholly are.
- We are transparent and are not afraid to share information with each other – good and bad news.
- Trust and care for each other.
- We trust each other to do the right thing.
- We are not afraid to make mistakes, and we ask for help when we need it.
- We encourage each other; when people struggle, we help them.
- Do the right thing.
- We are fair to our customers, and we care about the well-being of their pets.
- When facing difficult decisions, we put ethics above profits.
- We always act in the best interest of the company.
- We are all owners and optimise for impact.
- We are always looking for the most impactful thing to work on.
- We take responsibility, and we’re problem solvers – hold yourself and others accountable.
- Nothing is somebody else’s problem; we are collaborative and always jump in to help where needed.
Company: Napo Pet Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A