RMS System Manager vacancy in Motorola Solutions Westbury, NY
Website Motorola Solutions
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Motorola Solutions in Westbury, NY 2022
About the job
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
CMSO Software Enterprise Operations Organization is a group that delivers software solutions to the public safety sector. Our group is committed to providing the technology, knowledge, and tools that will allow our customers to focus on their mission critical goals and responsibilities. We provide support for ground breaking products and solutions that enable public safety entities to respond more quickly and safely to emergent situations. PSA deploys and supports products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings. SPSS is a fast-paced environment that seeks motivated and professional individuals willing to work towards our goals as an organization.
This position is a Motorola Solutions System Manager for the P1Records Management System dedicated to the Nassau County Police Department. The System Manager will be responsible for various customer supporting functions and products including customer RMS systems, related services, and interfaces. Basic network, infrastructure, and MSSQL database knowledge will contribute to a successful position. The System Manager builds and maintains positive, effective, and mutually beneficial-working alliances with the customer. Initiates problem solving action and follows through to resolution. Executes customer operations policies and procedures.
THIS IS AN ON-SITE POSITION WORKING AT THE NASSAU COUNTY, NY POLICE DEPARTMENT FACILITY IN WESTBURY, NY.
- 3+ years of Public Safety Applications experience involving Records Management Systems
- Provide regular and frequent communication to requestors of assigned work orders; ensure requestor is fully advised as to the progress or delay of their work order
- Take proactive measures to identify and improve internal efficiencies and grow knowledge of the customer processes; remain current on best practices and market trends
- Proven track record working with or deploying enterprise hardware and software solutions; HP preferred
- Experience creating positive working relationships with customers and application end users
- Able to function effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment that regularly requires the ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working both alone and in a team environment
- Ability to troubleshoot application system issues including hardware, network and third-party components
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage workload with minimal oversight
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems (MCSA/MCSE skills)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, ODBC and Ops Manager (SCOM)
- Experience with Public Safety Applications including RMS
- Experience with Virtualization software
- Experienced with Network Load Balancing (NLB) and Clustering
- Experience with hardware blades and Storage Area Networks (SAN); HP preferred
- Experience with firewalls and routers; Fortigate preferred
- Familiarity with SQL, XML, .NET
- Motorola PremierOne RMS Experience or comparable RMS applications
- Proficiency in NIBRS incident base reporting
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice’s “Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy” and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
- Bachelors degree or 3+ years of relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Referral Payment Plan
Company: Motorola Solutions
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Westbury, NY
Application Deadline: N/A