Field/Project Delivery Intern Jobs in Montrose Environmental Group Portland, ME
Website Montrose Environmental Group
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Montrose Environmental Group in Portland, ME 2022
About the job
Are you passionate and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an exciting internship opportunity for you based in our Portland, ME office. Who are we? We are Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 2,000 employees across 70 locations worldwide, focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what’s coming tomorrow.
We are looking to hire a summer intern who will gain experience with engineering projects within the water reuse, waste treatment and renewable energy fields.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Assists with field work including, but not limited to, equipment check-ins, equipment fabrication progress/inspection visits, construction inspections.
- Assists with the development of standard and project-specific engineering documents; including but not limited to equipment lists, vendor drawings & cutsheets, pricing spreadsheets, etc.
- Communicates with vendors (emails and/or phone calls)) to confirm technical requirements and equipment status.
- Assists with the preparation of technical drawings, including equipment labeling, drawing edits, and engineering calculations.
- Communicates and schedules technical reviews with the engineering team.
- Researches and evaluates potential equipment, systems and providers.
- Willingness to complete hands on work to repair and maintain equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Exercises safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Participates in Company’s continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Keeps up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental, Industrial, or Environmental Engineering curriculum, or currently has a Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, Google and/or PC programs
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid organization and time/project management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities (i.e. self-starter, self-motivated)
- English language competency
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Possess valid driver’s license in good standing
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
Company: Montrose Environmental Group
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Internship
Job Location: Portland, ME
Application Deadline: N/A