Website MoneyGram International
This Jobsfunter Listing is about MoneyGram International in Dallas, TX 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
The Go-to-Market Support Partner III will be responsible for non-commercial Account Management support for US key partnerships and MoneyGram as a Service partners. This position will be the interface between key partnership account and operations functions to drive service delivery, customer value/satisfaction, and continuous improvement.
Day 1 Benefits to include:
· Customizable health plan-PPO/High Deductible Plan with Employer HSA Contribution
· 20 Days of Accrued PTO
· 13 Paid Holidays
· 2 Community Service Days
· 401k with Employer Match
· Parental Leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Money Transfer Reimbursement
· Pet Insurance options
· Acts as operational contact for key partnership sales; responsible for working with the sales team to onboard and integrate new clients and develop existing client relationship.
· Heads non-commercial conversations with agents to drive business strategy, including POE upgrades, New AD partner, eliminating forms, AC releases, etc.
· Develops relationship as a trusted advisor with key partners, customer stakeholders, and executive sponsors.
· Facilitates new agent onboarding projects by acting as a subject matter expert on operational functions for key partnerships to ensure a positive onboarding experience.
· Identifies cost improvement opportunities, building on existing operational capabilities and client relationships.
· Engages key partnership and internal stakeholders to achieve cost savings; measures and monitors the impact of initiatives.
· Ensures accurate and optimal data is collected by partners; works closely with the teams on data collection attributes to help improve compliance and consumer profiling strategies.
· Partners with internal teams to improve processes for key partnerships; takes ownership of complaints and defines impactful strategy to resolve agent-facing challenges.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications – External
· Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, or related area.
· 5+ years of relevant experience.
· Knowledge/experienced gained within financial services.
· Strong understanding of market dynamics and partner needs.
· Solid project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, and navigating ambiguity to deliver results.
· Experience building on-boarding and enablement plans in a successful, high growth environment with demonstrable impact.
· Demonstrated experience and ability to work across Sales, Marketing, and Product to create a culture of alignment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain credible relationships in person and over the phone with internal stakeholders.
· Excellent organizational skills with the capability to set and manage priorities and ability to follow through.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain procedures and processes to internal or external customers as well as team members effectively.
· Ability to and handle sensitive data with professionalism and confidentiality.
· Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within area(s) of responsibility, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
· Ability to work well under pressure and address issues with diplomacy and tact.
· Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment and be sensitive to cultural differences.
Company: MoneyGram International
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Application Deadline: N/A