Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Momentum in Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
Closing Date2022/10/11 Reference NumberMMH220921-3 Job TitleFraud Product Manager Position TypePermanent Role FamilyRisk ClusterMomentum Money Remote OpportunitySome of the time Location – CountrySouth Africa Location – ProvinceGauteng Location – Town / CityCenturion Introduction
Through our client-facing brands Metropolitan and Momentum, with Momentum Money (our wellness and lifestyle rewards programme), and our other specialist brands, including Guardrisk and Eris Property Group, the group enables business and people from all walks of life to achieve their financial goals and life aspirations.
We help people grow their savings, protect what matters to them and invest for the future. We help companies and organisations care for and reward their employees and members. Through our own network of advisers or via independent brokers and utilising new platforms Momentum Metropolitan provides practical financial solutions for people, communities, and businesses. Visit us at www.momentummetropolitan.co.za
An opportunity exists for a dynamic, focused individual to manage the Fraud Risk Management function with a focus on Fraud Prevention, Detection and Resolution. Assist Momentum Money to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of fraud risk management as well as drive fraud mitigation initiatives across the entire business. In addition to that ensure the management of AML risks to ensure an adequate and effective control environment in terms of anti-fraud controls.
- Honours degree in Finance, Business, Economics and or Risk Management (Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Accounting Science, LLB (Admitted attorney, etc.)
- Certified Fraud Examiners qualification
- 8 + years’ experience within the Fraud Risk Management arena with at least 2 – 5 years management experience
- Substantial knowledge of data analytics and PC based tools i.e Excel (other analytical tools)
- Experience in leading large, complex projects with business wide impact
- Experience in the financial sector (banking experience is an advantage)
- Good working knowledge of technology systems, e-Commerce, Online/Electronic Payments, Accounting/Finance analytical skills with proven ability to identify and develop solutions to improve fraud stabilisation, reduction, and avoidance
- Good track record within Compliance, Risk, Finance and/or Regulatory Management
- Good understanding of internal control frameworks as well as internal and or external auditing
- Proven track record of delivering useful and relevant fraud risk information to project teams, business analysts as well as to Exco and board level committee
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive the improvement of the effectiveness of fraud risk management within Momentum Money.
- Developing robust fraud prevention and investigation activities to reduce the threats of employee, contract and client fraud.
- Developing programmes to improve controls and compliance and ensuring our management teams manage fraud risks within the business effectively.
- Providing real-time support to management when developing and implementing new processes, identifying and providing requirements for fraud risk management.
- Accountable to communicate investigation results to the CEO, CRO and other senior leaders of the business.
- Delivery of fraud risk management activity to the highest of ethical and professional standards.
- Working jointly with the Business in developing recommendations and plans for remediation.\
- Oversee the design, development and management of real-time systems and models to combat systematic fraud, etc.
- Collaborate with Momentum Metropolitan Group Forensic Services, Risk and Compliance to leverage internal insight and capabilities.
- Collaborate with Operations to put an operating model in place to effectively manage fraud.
- Advice and ensure implementation of capabilities for fraud performance, tracking, and insights.
- Implementing a strategy of innovation, development, and continuous improvement for the function.
- Champion the development, definition, and communication of an enterprise-wide Fraud Risk Management Strategy.
- Defining Fraud Risk Appetite & Framework.
- Identifying, analysing, and assessing Fraud Risks.
- Identification and implementation of cost-effective fraud deterrent, prevention, detection, response (investigation and remediation), mechanisms and controls.
- Ensuring that Fraud Risk Framework and policies satisfy and exceed all appropriate location regulatory requirements in relation to Fraud Risk Management.
- Leading and promoting an enterprise culture of Fraud Risk awareness and training.
- Supporting Whistleblowing and sound ethical culture which will in turn support Fraud Risk Management framework.
- Building and continually developing close relationships with Business Unit counterparts for Fraud Risk Management.
- Providing appropriate and regular assurance reporting and awareness of new trends in relation to Fraud Risk to all internal stakeholders as well as to Group Risk owners.
- Ensuring coordination of appropriate Fraud Investigation activities through agreed structures to ensure appropriate and timely initial responses to Fraud incidents / events and longer-term remediation efforts to reduce likelihood / impact by ensuring the implementation of relevant control / process enhancements.
- Actively participate in selection of systems / tools used for Fraud Risk Management, ensuring enterprise requirements are met and support enterprise framework and policy.
- Establish business cases and projected ROI on investment to identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Anti-money laundering investigation.
- Suspicious Transactions Reporting and Investigation.
- Liaison with compliance with regards to the anti-money laundering requirements.
- Work with CCD team to ensure continuous monitoring of suspicious behaviour and reporting identified by the operations team.
- To be the business custodian of the Risk Management Compliance Programme (RMCP).
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage several engagements.
- Strong analytical ability, technical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding of risk management and governance framework.
- Strong personal integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Resilience and Adaptability Skills – deals effectively with pressure, maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic and persistent.
- Excellent Technical Credibility – understands and appropriately applies procedures requirements, regulations and policies related to Governance and Compliance.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A