Website Ministry of Justice
The National Applications Reporting Team (NART) is a small but dynamic team with good working relationships across many HMPPS digital projects within the MOJ. We are part of the HMPPS Digital Studio within MOJ Digital and Technology, and support the Reporting Functions of 3 national case management systems, and will support new digital products when required.
- Deliver continuous improvement to processes and outputs, e.g. to data quality and output consistency
Provide specialist, technical advice on how the various reporting systems can be rationalised and interfaced with new digital services
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to understand and meet business requirements
- Ensure the system is available and reliable for end users, including daily health checks and using technical expertise to resolve live service incidents
Share own knowledge and work alongside existing members of the team to help their development and understanding
Be willing to work outside of core hours when required, to support live service and deploy updates
- Review core application changes with the appropriate teams, and investigate and feedback the impact these may have on the Reporting system
- Develop and deploy changes through an agile release process to align the reporting tools to our core applications (for example when tables, fields and processes are added or amended)
- Validate and quality assure new or updated functionality within the system.
- Maintain and develop structured technical documentation to provide transparency and maintain a knowledge base across the team
- Maintain and support Business Objects software, processes and environments
- Ability to communicate and collaborate between the technical and the non-technical to manage stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, proactive and reactive communication.
- Align your team’s work with department and government technology strategy, participating in strategic technical collaborations and challenging previous ways of working where needed
- Ability to review requirements, specifications and define test conditions. Able to identify issues and risks associated with work whilst being able to analyze and report test activities and results
- Reporting database structures e.g. star schemas, fact and dimension tables.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience within Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) or other Government Department
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com