Website Ministry of Justice
Learning and Development plays a significant role in developing both the people withing the Legal Aid Agency and also the culture within the organization. The work of the Head of Capability is in line with the organizations third strategic objective, “Become a truly diverse and inclusive employer of choice.” Providing choice in term of development and also career pathways is a significant element of this role and assists in making the organization an employer of choice.
- Direct line management of the Capability Manager, indirect management of the wider Capability Team.
- Accountable for the portfolio of work undertaken by the Culture and Capability Team, including staff development programmes, digital learning and L&D activities, ensuring these meet the needs of our staff and the LAA in achieving our strategic and development objectives.
- Act as relationship manager between Corporate Centre and the Civil Case Management Team, to improve collaboration and joint working between the two directorates.
- Providing advice and support to the Chair and Secretariat of the People Committee, providing progress updates as needed. Where necessary you will write papers and present proposals to our People Committee, Executive Leadership Team, Senior Leadership Group or LAA Board
- Member of the Band SEO Development Programme steering group, active member of the L&D Steering group and Closer Working People strand
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to support and lead on a range of learning and development activities, such as workshops or other face-to-face events.
- Provide strategic direction for the work of the Culture and Capability Team including oversight of the cross-agency L&D strategy, L&D forward look and Talent Strategy.
- Building & Maintaining positive relationships with a wide network of key stakeholders in an advisory and collaborative capacity, providing support, advice, challenge and clarification to leaders across the organization.
- Accountable for ensuring national learning and development events such as Learning at Work Week and National Apprenticeships week add value, are coordinated and communicated to all staff.
- Ability to build, maintain and utilize a strong network of contacts both within the organization and across the Ministry of Justice and wider Civil Service.
- Continuously review our L&D offer against the needs of the LAA and use strategic knowledge and data driven decision making to improve what we do.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills together with presentation and facilitation skills. The role requires the ability to communicate well at all levels including senior management and external stakeholders.
- Ability to develop strategy and plans to deliver against organizational vision and objectives informed by available evidence, data and user needs.
- Ability to prioritize effectively against competing demands and deliver projects with successful outcomes.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively and be comfortable working with complexity and ambiguity, where the route to achieving a goal may not be clear.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of building strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels, across team boundaries and at a distance, mobilizing others to deliver successful outcomes.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org