Website Ministry of Justice
The reporting systems underpin the management of offenders through their journey, and have a total of approximately 70,000 end‐users across all public and private establishments and probation providers, as well as HQ offices.
- Maintain and develop structured technical documentation to provide transparency and maintain a knowledge base across the team
- Validate and quality assure new or updated functionality within the system.
- Maintain and support Business Objects software, processes and environments
- Ensure the system is available and reliable for end users, including daily health checks and using technical expertise to resolve live service incidents
- Share own knowledge and work alongside existing members of the team to help their development and understanding
review core application changes with the appropriate teams, and investigate and feedback the impact these may have on the Reporting system
- Deliver continuous improvement to processes and outputs, e.g. to data quality and output consistency
- Be willing to work outside of core hours when required, to support live service and deploy updates
- Develop and deploy changes through an agile release process to align the reporting tools to our core applications (for example when tables, fields and processes are added or amended)
- Reporting database structures e.g. star schemas, fact and dimension tables.
- Ability to review requirements, specifications and define test conditions. Able to identify issues and risks associated with work whilst being able to analyze and report test activities and results
- Ability to communicate and collaborate between the technical and the non-technical to manage stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, proactive and reactive communication.
- Problem resolution – hands on experience of ensuring the most appropriate actions are taken to resolve problems as they occur. Works with team to resolve problems and implement solutions and preventative measures
- Able to support our existing Report Writers to create and maintain reports within Business Objects Web Intelligence, Business Objects universe design changes, and SQL data extracts (we use Oracle SQL)
- Align your team’s work with department and government technology strategy, participating in strategic technical collaborations and challenging previous ways of working where needed
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience within Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) or other Government Department
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org