Website Ministry of Justice
As a Finance Business Partner, you will need to understand the prisons’ business and the way they operate in a prison environment. You will build trust with decision makers so that your advice is actively sought.
- Financial management – co-ordinate of your business area’s annual financial planning activity and provide information and advice to support effective financial control in year. Present and explain financial information clearly and offer advice to inform decision making. Understand the cost drivers of the business and carry out analysis of information to improve efficiency and understanding.
- Leadership – lead a small team of staff. Establish strong communications across the team and support and inspire staff to fulfil their potential as well as to deliver a highly effective service. Your team will be geographically dispersed. As a senior member of the wider finance team, contribute to the ongoing development of the function, keeping an awareness of cross government financial management initiatives.
- Stakeholder Engagement – develop and maintain strong partnerships with the Prison Group Directors and Prison Governors. Help improve their financial awareness and provide accurate and credible advice on financial management and wider governance issues. Actively contribute at business meetings and be proactive in looking for efficiency.
- Critical friend to the business – you will feel confident to challenge and advise business colleagues on their spending plans and keep a focus on outcomes and business priorities. Give advice to support decision making, encouraging options analysis and appropriate governance. Use your insight to add value.
- Excellent financial management skills and a proven ability to apply them effectively
- Strategic and commercial skills gained from working in, or together with, other specialist areas such as commercial, policy, IT, HR or delivery.
- High credibility with senior colleagues and stakeholders and the ability to influence decision-making
- The ability to analyze and communicate complex financial information in a clear and understandable way
- A strong track record in team leadership and developing high performing teams
Qualification & Experience:
- Qualified under one of the main five Consultative Committees of Accounting Bodies [CCAB] i.e. ACCA; CIPFA; ICAEW; ICAI or ICAS, or CIMA, or actively working towards full qualification. If you are not qualified, you MUST demonstrate in your application how you are progressing to full qualification and an estimated timescale for completion.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org