Website Ministry of Justice
The People & Capability Team work closely with our Internal Communications team to support our leaders and deliver our People Plans to ensure the right action is taken.
- Member of the Band SEO Development Programme steering group, active member of the L&D Steering group and Closer Working People strand
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to support and lead on a range of learning and development activities, such as workshops or other face-to-face events.
- Providing advice and support to the Chair and Secretariat of the People Committee, providing progress updates as needed.
- Where necessary you will write papers and present proposals to our People Committee, Executive Leadership Team, Senior Leadership Group or LAA Board
- Act as relationship manager between Corporate Centre and the Civil Case Management Team, to improve collaboration and joint working between the two directorates.
- Create and coordinate opportunities to involve colleagues in the design and implementation of improved ways of working
As part of the People and Capability team SMT you will be required to provide visible leadership to the wider team, leading by example and working across strands to support your fellow SEOs in delivery. You will contribute to ensuring that the People & Capability Team is inclusive, engaging, effective and innovative
- Accountable for ensuring national learning and development events such as Learning at Work Week and National Apprenticeships week add value, are coordinated and communicated to all staff.
- Building & Maintaining positive relationships with a wide network of key stakeholders in an advisory and collaborative capacity, providing support, advice, challenge and clarification to leaders across the organization.
- Ability to build, maintain and utilize a strong network of contacts both within the organization and across the Ministry of Justice and wider Civil Service.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively and be comfortable working with complexity and ambiguity, where the route to achieving a goal may not be clear.
- Ability to develop strategy and plans to deliver against organizational vision and objectives informed by available evidence, data and user needs.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills together with presentation and facilitation skills. The role requires the ability to communicate well at all levels including senior management and external stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of building strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels, across team boundaries and at a distance, mobilizing others to deliver successful outcomes.
- Experience of line management
- Experience of positively influencing culture change within an organization
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org