Website Ministry of Justice
We’re recruiting for a Technical Specialist Architect – Business Objects here at MoJ Digital & Technology, to be part of our warm and collaborative National Applications Reporting Team team working across HMPPS.
- Share own knowledge and work alongside existing members of the team to help their development and understanding
maintain and develop structured technical documentation to provide transparency and maintain a knowledge base across the team
- Review core application changes with the appropriate teams, and investigate and feedback the impact these may have on the Reporting system
- Ensure the system is available and reliable for end users, including daily health checks and using technical expertise to resolve live service incidents
- Validate and quality assure new or updated functionality within the system.
- Be willing to work outside of core hours when required, to support live service and deploy updates
- Develop and deploy changes through an agile release process to align the reporting tools to our core applications (for example when tables, fields and processes are added or amended)
- Deliver continuous improvement to processes and outputs, e.g. to data quality and output consistency
- Maintain and support Business Objects software, processes and environments
- Able to support our existing Report Writers to create and maintain reports within Business Objects Web Intelligence, Business Objects universe design changes, and SQL data extracts (we use Oracle SQL)
- Problem resolution – hands on experience of ensuring the most appropriate actions are taken to resolve problems as they occur. Works with team to resolve problems and implement solutions and preventative measures
- Align your team’s work with department and government technology strategy, participating in strategic technical collaborations and challenging previous ways of working where needed
- Ability to review requirements, specifications and define test conditions. Able to identify issues and risks associated with work whilst being able to analyze and report test activities and results
- Reporting database structures e.g. star schemas, fact and dimension tables.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate between the technical and the non-technical to manage stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, proactive and reactive communication.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience within Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) or other Government Department
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org