Website Moishe House
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Moishe House in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Sr. Administrator – Global Development
Full time – Moishe House Hub Office: London, UK
Starting Salary Range: See below for details
*(Must be eligible to work in the UK without employer sponsorship)*
Who We Are:
When you work for Moishe House (pronounced moy-shuh), you become a part of something BIG: a global nonprofit that builds peer-led Jewish communities for young adults around the world! Founded in 2006, Moishe House funds, trains, and educates young adults to create pluralistic, inclusive, and welcoming Jewish communities as House Residents, MHWOW Hosts, Peer-Led-Retreat Facilitators, and in our Bases. To date, there are more than 150 Moishe House communities in over 30 countries, and we’re still growing!
All voices are needed at Moishe House. Every new member of the Moishe House team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People Of Color (BIPOC) and historically marginalized groups, including, People with Disabilities, People from the LGBTQ+ communities are all encouraged to apply for our open positions!
We seek employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join our team located in the United States, South America, Europe, and the former Soviet Union. Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We recognize we have a ways to go and a lot to learn.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
- You believe in our mission and have a passion for serving others
- You have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team, and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
- You’ll provide support for the London Hub office, the International Team, and the SVP of Global Development, including:
- Managing complex calendaring in Microsoft Outlook, including meetings and travel
- Facilitating arrangements for domestic and international travel
- Processing reimbursement requests
- Organizing, executing, and assisting with global team functions, such as staff meeting agendas, purchasing supplies, off-sites meetings, and team social events
- Leading logistics and communications for On The Road, our immersive travel experience for donors and Board members, helping to grow this program to two annual trips
- Coordinating logistics for missions and donor visits to our global Houses, Pods, and other programs
- Providing administrative support and communications for the International Committee of the Board of Directors and the UK Board of Trustees
- Managing the London Hub Office, creating a vibrant working environment and office culture, handling supply orders and other administrative functions
- You have a Bachelor’s degree; additional years’ relevant full-time work experience may be substituted for the degree.
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ full-time administrative professional experience, preferably supporting an executive-level position, and in the nonprofit sector.
- You have signification experience in effectively communicating with senior leadership, philanthropists, lay leaders, and diplomats.
- You have experience in creating high quality and grammatically correct written materials, such as grants, PowerPoint presentations, manuals, or papers, with demonstrated exceptional persuasive writing skills.
- You bring exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and intermediate-level proficiency with Microsoft Office and other office management tools.
- You thrive on multitasking and monitoring several projects at all times, working well under pressure, and managing your time effectively.
- You have experience working across various teams and time zones.
- You effectively demonstrate the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- You have eligibility to work in the United Kingdom without employer sponsorship.
The Fine Print:
The Sr. Administrator – Global Development reports directly to the SVP, Global Development, and is located in our London Hub Office. Our office is located at the LABS Camden-Atrium. The position is full-time and requires regular weekday office hours; occasional travel may be required to complete job requirements.
In 2022, we’re excited to be returning to a hybrid work schedule at our Hub Offices, where employees can choose to work remotely 2 days per week and collaborate in-person with coworkers the rest of the week (Wednesday will be a day we are all in the office together!).
Employees will receive prior notice in advance of starting this new schedule. Moishe House requires “full vaccination” for all staff to travel, work in offices, and participate in any Moishe House group gatherings. We use the CDC’s definition of “full vaccination” as the standard, with variations based on country as needed.
How Moishe House Takes Care of You:
- 21 days paid time off (PTO) per year that increases with continued employment; additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees through the Talent Alliance
- Office closures and floating holidays for Jewish and UK national holidays
- Pension contribution and matching program
- Quarterly paid day of service (an opportunity to give back to your community)
- Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates and a dedicated supervisor
- Opportunity to work in our London Hub office!
How Moishe House Pays You:
- Moishe House’s starting salary ranges are based on education, experience, location, and skillset required for each role
- London, UK: £26,000 – £31,000/year
- Annual merit-based salary increase
How Moishe House Invests in You:
- $750 annual professional development fund
- One-on-one Jewish learning with an approved educator of your choice
- Paid work travel with perks including travel allowance, fitness classes, and accommodations
- Local professional learning opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement through Moishe House’s career path planning
- Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
- Opportunities to attend Moishe House Learning Retreats and Conferences
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.
Possible Steps in Our Hiring Process:
Step 1: Apply with your resume, and cover letter, and you’ll hear back from us!
Step 2: Video interview using a web-based platform
Step 3: Skills assessment, and interview(s) with the hiring manager(s)
Step 4: We’ll check your references to hear about your past experience
Step 5: Get an offer letter, sign it, start your Moishe House journey!
Company: Moishe House
Vacancy Type: £26,000/yr – £31,000/yr · Full-time · Associate
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A