Website MIT Lincoln Laboratory
This Jobsfunter Listing is about MIT Lincoln Laboratory in Lexington, MA 2022
About the job
Administrative Asst V
The Advanced Lasercom Systems and Operations Group develops, builds, and operates prototype space and airborne lasercom terminals. The technology developed and the lessons learned from these activities are transferred to operational programs through participation in standards groups and through the operation of a gold-standard test infrastructure. This group has close interactions with both government and industrial partners.
Primary responsibility will be to help ensure smooth coordination and management of all administrative activities for a highly dynamic group office. This will include managing multiple complex calendars, coordinating meeting arrangements, creating travel itineraries, and supporting various special projects as needed. Additional responsibilities include answering phones, processing expense vouchers, escorting visitors, processing electronic shopping carts and PCard purchases, maintaining supplies, entering time sheets, filing both paper and electronic information, and processing a variety of Laboratory forms.
The candidate must be able to set priorities, and manage multiple concurrent tasks. Must have a record of successfully working in a team environment along with effective methods of collaboration and interaction with all levels of personnel. Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential. Extensive experience with Microsoft Office suite is required. Position requires handling of classified material.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, post high school education preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience desired.
- Must possess strong administrative skills; self-confidence, attention to detail, mature judgment, cooperative and responsible attitude, and a conscientious and organized approach to work in a changing environment along with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Extensive experience with PC operation and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required, familiarity with SAP is preferred.
- A major focus of this role is managing the Microsoft Calendar for the Group Office Leaders, including conference rooms and recognizing and resolving conflicts.
- Must have effective administrative skills, attention to detail, be well-organized and able to prioritize multiple complex tasks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance required.
- The candidate will be expected to work onsite at the Lexington, MA location.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is currently developing hybrid workplace models which will actively support some remote work where business and team needs allow. Individual flexible and remote work options for this role can be discussed during the interview process.
- Experience working with SAP, Concur, Success Factors, Field Glass, SAP Business Objects, Analysis for Office
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
To safeguard our health and well-being, MIT Lincoln Laboratory requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reason.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 36546
Company: MIT Lincoln Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Lexington, MA
Application Deadline: N/A