Website Mission Health
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Mission Health in Asheville, NC 2022
About the job
Eligible for $5,000 Sign on Bonus for offers accepted by 3/31/22. Payout is in the first paycheck with a 2 year commitment to Mission Health
Only new hires eligible for sign-on bonus; prior employees have to be separated from Mission for at least 1 year to be re-eligible for sign on bonus
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Mission Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN-Vascular Access and Tube Team and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At Mission Hospital we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn More About Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN-Vascular Access and Tube Team opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary And Qualifications
Supports department by facilitating the delivery of professional, specialized nursing care related to IV therapy and enteral nutrition for the comfort and well being of patients; utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to provide care, education and teaching related to vascular access needs; and enteral nutrition and by implementing medically prescribed interventions related to IV therapy and enteral nutrition in defined populations including Mission, Mission member hospitals, and other organizations where Mission’s services and care are provided. Performs placement of enteral feeding tube for patients utilizing an electronic feeding tube placement system. Prepares patient for enteral feeding tube placement procedure according to manufacturer’s guidelines, evidence based and Mission policies.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 4 years of hire date into RN position. Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval.
- Preferred Education: Masters in Nursing. Cortrak training course for inserting enteral feeding tubes.
- Required License/ Certifications: Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON.
- Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Preferred License/Certifications: National Certification VA-BC (Vascular Access Board Certification) or CRNI (Certified Registered Nurse Infusion) within two years of hire.
- Required Experience: Experience as Vascular Access specialist to perform difficult peripheral access on patients with limited vein access. Experience in central venous catheter care and maintenance such as dressing and needleless connector changes. Experience in trouble shooting central venous catheter occlusions and administering FDA approved fibrinolytic drug to restore central venous catheter to full function.
PICC insertion experience using real time ultrasound and PICC tip location system. Ability to be cross trained to insert midline catheters in both Adults and Pediatric population. Ability to be cross trained to insert PICCs in Pediatric population. Ability to be cross trained to provide vascular access services to the surrounding Community, affiliate hospitals or other facilities as needed. Ability to be cross trained to insert feeding tubes using feeding tube tip confirmation system. Ability to be cross trained to trouble-shoot enteral feeding tube issues.
Preferred Experience: Experience in data collection and measuring outcomes for all vascular access procedures and enteral feeding tube procedures.
The sign-on bonus requires a two-year commitment to Mission Hospital.
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, North Carolina, serves as the regional tertiary and quaternary care facility for Western North Carolina and the adjoining region. Mission Hospital is licensed for 815 beds and is the region’s only Level II trauma center, comprehensive stroke center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, and includes the only children’s hospital in Western North Carolina. Mission Hospital is a Magnet® designated hospital for nursing excellence and is nationally recognized for its quality of care and patient safety.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN-Vascular Access and Tube Team opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Company: Mission Health
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Asheville, NC
Application Deadline: N/A