Phlebotomist careers in Mission Health Asheville, NC
Website Mission Health
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Mission Health in Asheville, NC 2022
About the job
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Phlebotomist today with Mission Hospital.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Mission Hospital, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn More About Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Phlebotomist. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary And Qualifications
Represents the hospital and department by serving as an interface between the client (patient, physicians, nursing, etc) and the laboratory technical areas. Performs a variety of venipuncture techniques involved in the collection of blood specimens from patients for laboratory procedures used in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Ensures proper patient care by prioritizing physician orders and collecting blood as required.
- Required Education: High school diploma or GED and completion of a certified phlebotomy training program or on the job phlebotomy training.
- Preferred Certification: ASPT or ASCP certification preferred
- Required Experience: Previous experience as a phlebotomist is a hospital laboratory, clinic or physician practice.
- Preferred Experience: One year previous experience in a hospital laboratory, clinic, or physician practice
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, North Carolina, serves as the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care in western North Carolina and the adjoining region. Mission Hospital is licensed for more than 800 beds and houses the region’s dedicated Level II trauma center. It includes Mission Children’s Hospital – the region’s only children’s hospital. The flagship hospital of Mission Health, Mission Hospital has been consistently ranked as one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Hospital, a member of Mission Health, is an operating division of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Phlebotomist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Company: Mission Health
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Asheville, NC
Application Deadline: N/A