This Jobsfunter Listing is about Microsoft in Los Angeles, CA 2022
About the job
Microsoft’s Brand Studio is looking for a Business Manager to join the team.
Do you excel at combining strategic planning and timely execution? Can you dot all the i’s and cross all the t’s while understanding and communicating the big picture? Are you a bar raiser and a brand lover? If so, you may be a great fit for this results-focused role on the Microsoft Brand Studio team.
The position requires someone who has excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work internally and externally with many stakeholders. It also requires someone who can clearly prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Supports day-to-day operations and execution; reviews rhythm of the business (ROB) and recommends process improvements.
- Ensures timely response to action items, fields and vets engagement requests, prepares for executive meetings, kicks off internal initiatives with relevant team leaders/members, and communicates team feedback and questions.
- Own the Brand Studio fiscal year calendar, tracking key project milestones, status updates, and timelines. Includes providing calendar management and planning for Head of Strategy and Head of Creative, partnering with Brand Studio General Managers Executive Admin as needed
- Support the Director, Brand Studio Operations (manager) in overall budget management for the Brand Studio team, serving as a point of contact with finance and for each member of the team on budget needs
- Ensure the team budget tracker is always up to date, sharing updates with the budget team on a recurring basis to ensure we meet our quarterly and annual goals
- Open Purchase Orders for key projects and track project progress and status to completion
- Helps drive monthly financial close, revenue & expense reporting
- Identify and implement efficiencies in our financial tracking process across the business
- Assist in expense reporting for Head of Strategy and Head of Creative
- Partner across Studio and Business Team to allow for seamless invoice and payment approvals.
Team management support
- Supports headcount management activities in collaboration with our General Manager’s Executive Admin and Director, Brand Studio Operations including new hires, reporting, on/offboarding, and transactions within headcount management tools
- Works in partnership with Finance and team members to provide up-to-date headcount figures
- Support manager and Brand Studio LT in fiscal year planning, including budget and headcount forecasting
- Supports the Executive Admin to the Brand Studio, General Manager in coordination, logistics, and direction for studio events.
- Establish a positive network and grow our presence across marketing and engineering
- Help build an outstanding reputation for our team, internally and externally
- Partner closely with several external agencies
- Be an evangelist for the Microsoft brand While you will sit on the brand strategy team, you will work closely with all members of the Brand Studio team and provide updates to the leadership team on a regular basis.
Our company is on a One Microsoft journey with a focus on connecting our ecosystem experiences to the customers central to this system. You will join the pursuit of that north star and, through creative excellence and vision, guide teams across the company in reconciling Microsoft’s ecosystem approach with the unique needs of its individual businesses. Our technologies are used by billions of people around the planet, resulting in trillions of brand impressions every day. This can be a challenge for us, but it is also a great opportunity to build emotional connections for a varied audience across a spectrum of experiences.
Required Skills/Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (e.g., Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Management, Computer Science) AND 3+ year(s) experience in financial management, business planning, operations management, or business-related roles OR equivalent experience
- Experience with Microsoft financial systems a plus
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Knowledge of brand and marketing fundamentals
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel skills (e.g., formulas, pivot tables).
- OR equivalent experience in Google sheets, or other similar product
- Experience with managing expenses, providing financial reporting, tracking headcount, and procurement processes
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and compel a wide range of audiences and levels within the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and as a contributor, to lead teams and to participate with others
- An active listener with a proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from reviewers and stakeholders
- Proven track record managing vendors and agency partners
- Positive attitude and growth mindset
- Strong attention to detail
Top Microsoft Success Factors include: Cross-group Collaboration, Communication Skills, Conviction and Courage, Drive for Results, and Organizational Agility.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Continuous Improvement
- Decision Making
- Detail Oriented
- English Language Proficiency
- Influence Others
- Oral Communication
- Organization Skills
- Problem Solving
- Quality Assurance
- Written Communication
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: N/A