This Jobsfunter Listing is about Meta in Sunnyvale, CA 2022
About the job
Every day, people come to Facebook to connect with friends and family, discover what’s going on in the world, interact with businesses, find potential customers, and build community. Facebook’s Global Operations team exists to help them.
The Risk and Response team responds to real-time crises, proactively identifies and evaluates emerging risks, conducts risk-related investigations, and assesses what we could be doing to best benefit our community. We develop solutions to user issues, protect users by decreasing negative engagement on the site and deliver qualitative and quantitative insight into user behavior.
Our Escalation Specialists are responsible for managing escalations surrounding Facebook’s policies and procedures, complex global legal issues and the dynamic landscape of free expression on the Internet. We seek to mitigate risks relating to issues involving enforcement of our Community Standards, Advertiser & Commerce Policies and other regulatory spaces. The team is at the forefront of managing crises, elections, and other unknown or fringe issues that occur on our platforms. This is an exciting opportunity to help drive impact and strengthen user trust on Facebook and Instagram.
We are seeking team-oriented problem solvers who can build relationships and thrive in ambiguity. You work well in high-pressure situations, quickly implement solutions, and activate partners and subject matter experts as needed. You communicate clearly to various stakeholders, and provide key updates and findings as high-priority escalations unfold.
Escalations Specialist, Risk & Response Responsibilities:
- Interpret and enforce Facebook/Instagram terms of service (either our Community Standards, Advertiser & Commerce Policies and Intellectual Property Regulations)
- Review, investigate and process reported escalations across the Facebook/Instagram product suite and respond to sensitive global partners inquiries (this includes incoming reports of alleged legal rights infringement, escalated user, press and partner inquiries, etc.)
- Proactively investigate, troubleshoot, and drive our most sensitive and complex escalations to resolution, and communicate to cross-functional partners involved throughout the whole process
- Gather, analyze and utilize relevant data and escalation trends to develop improvements to the overall escalation process and provide recommendations for process, policy and product improvements
- Be comfortable dealing with high pressure escalations, grey areas and collaborating with cross functional experts, when appropriate, to resolve issues swiftly
- Coordinate with global cross-functional teams including Public Policy, Legal, Sales, Product, Global Operations and others to problem solve and develop solutions
- Remain up-to-date on key workflow changes, operational guidelines, policy updates and enforcement standards
- Utilize strategic tools, systems, and data to help the team analyze trends and deliver insights to define goals and improve processes
- Please note that weekend work will be required on a shift basis
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material as needed
- 3+ years of experience in an online operations, analyst, project management, consulting, online escalations environment or alike
- Demonstrated analytical-thinking and problem-solving experience
- Experience driving high-priority cases through process of resolution
- Experience managing projects and coordination with a variety of global cross-functional partners
- Experience communicating with a variety of audiences
- 5+ years of experience in an online operations, analyst, project management, consulting, online escalations environment or alike
- B.A. or B.S. degree in a related discipline such as Business, Legal, Public Policy, International Relations, or Computer Science
- Experience with analytical tools (like Excel or SQL) to drive analytics and reporting
- Understanding of how the broader social media landscape is changing
- Understanding of Facebook’s operational guidelines and knowledge of Facebooks’ suite of products
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected].
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Application Deadline: N/A