Website Menzies Aviation
The purpose of this role is to promote, manage, and oversee safety, security, and environmental compliance at the base level. The position will be responsible to offer guidance for implementation and adherence to MA Safety, Security, Quality, and Training policies and SOPs as well as local, state, and Federal regulations.
- Assists with the preparation of local operating procedures (LOPs) for base senior management approval.
- Assists with conducting Risk Assessments (RAs) for new/changing activities, and reviews existing RAs annually.
- Leads by example and provides immediate and direct feedback to Employees and colleagues.
- Manages MA Safety Programs, Policies, and Procedures and other Safety, Security, and Environmental (SSE) related systems in accordance with approved manuals, bulletins, and briefings.
- Conducts on-site inspections and audits of base operations, facilities, equipment, and materials to further develop, recommend and/or implement policies and procedures that promote safety.
- Promotes the Safety-First Culture and encourages timely reporting of all incidents, hazards, and near misses.
- Responsible for the leadership, coordination, and assignment of duties of the safety team.
- Monitors local legislation for changes that may impact operations or present additional burdens.
- Ensures proper communication of these MA programs and systems at the local level.
- Ensures implementation of and compliance with local, state, Provincial (CAN), and federal rules and regulations.
- Must be comfortable lifting 70lbs repetitively.
- Facilitation skills
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrates an ability to both designs & deliver SOP’s.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and all pre-employment testing.
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak English.
- Ability to manage projects & people.
- Demonstrates an ability to work & liaise at a senior management level.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- Possess and maintain a valid US driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or six months experience as an Operations Agent.
- Demonstrates considerable experience in the field of safety and security.
Company: Menzies Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org