Website Menzies Aviation
As a member of the Menzies Aviation Cargo Handling team, you will be responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing freight while practicing all Company’s Safety Policy inclusive of, but not limited to: wearing PPE, equipment operation, safe lifting procedures, or obeying speed limits when driving company vehicles and equipment.
- Conveys freight from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas with forklift or transporter.
- Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to other locations.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as consignee or destination.
- Performs cargo build-up and/or breakdowns, freight to and/or from skid, pallets or ULDs.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers for break down. Records counts of items received or distributed.
- Must follow all Security procedures as required.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and hazard-free of loose nets, straps, etc.
- Weighs and counts items for distribution within the warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards and air waybill.
- Reads air waybill, bills of landing, or freight manifest to determine the items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sorts and stores dangerous goods in a proper area.
- Prior loading and unloading of heavy products or equipment (preferred).
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak English.
- Possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable lifting 70lbs repetitively.
- Pass FBI background and obtain US Customs Seal.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment testing to include drug testing and a physical.
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Qualification & Experience:
- Forklift certification preferred.
Company: Menzies Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full time
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org