Website Menzies Aviation
As a member of the Menzies Aviation Ground Service Equipment (GSE) Mechanic team, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient repairing and rebuilding of airport service vehicles. You will be required to inspect and identify defective or broken parts on vehicles as well as make repairs to gas/diesel engines, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Hydrate electric equipment according to the Hydration Schedule.
- Must be able to safely operate all vehicles and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) -Perform Daily Equipment Checks (DEC’s).
- Answer all radioed repair calls on the ramp.
- Repair all non-motorized equipment
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment, in accordance with local health, safety, and security policies and procedures.
- Drive and operate service equipment vehicles.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual quality control checks on the equipment.
- Able to program and understand the functions of the Rapid Charger; including the Battery Monitor and Identification Device (BMID).
- Inspect and identify defective or broken parts on vehicles as well as make repairs to gas/diesel engines, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Report all accidents to Shop Supervisors and Managers.
- Able to perform an accident inspection on involved equipment.
- Ensure our aircraft services team can operate effectively by providing proper preventative care to equipment and timely repairs to broken equipment.
- Maintain records relating to maintenance.
- Repair and replace all tires and wheels.
- All mechanics are required to perform all duties of the other positions, as needed due to operational needs; Example: a Level I Mechanic may need to perform tasks of a Level III when directed.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all required Airport Badge.
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak English
- Must be comfortable lifting/moving 70lbs
- Must be 18 years of age
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 to 5 years mechanical experience
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Company: Menzies Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org