Website Memorial Healthcare System
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Memorial Healthcare System in Hollywood, FL 2022
About the job
Performs access functions for all patients presenting for services.
- Ensures that all necessary demographic, billing, and clinical information is obtained and entered with timeliness and accuracy.
- Communicates with physician’s and their staff, nursing unit staff, and/or other appropriate personnel to exchange necessary information.
- Verifies insurance benefits and obtains pre-certification/authorization as necessary.
- Determines and accepts required payments, including but not limited to co-pays and deductibles.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issuesequests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: “Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers”
- ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
- ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
- TEAM WORK: Contributes to fullest potential to achieve team goals.
- ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Ability to work and build relationships collaboratively. Must be able to type 35 words per minute.
Required Work Experience: 1 year related experience.
- Bending and Stooping 60.00%
- Keyboard Entry 100.00%
- Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 60.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 – 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs – 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 – 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26 – 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Reaching 80.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
- Sitting 80.00%
- Squatting 80.00%
- Standing 80.00%
- Walking 80.00%
- Audible Speech 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity 80.00%
- Depth Perception 80.00%
- Seeing – Far 80.00%
- Seeing – Near 80.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
- Biological Hazards – Respiratory 60.00%
- Biological Hazards – Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
- Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
- Hazardous Medication 60.00%
- Latex 60.00%
- Computer Monitor 100.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
- Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 40.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Hollywood, FL
Application Deadline: N/A