This Jobsfunter Listing is about Medtronic in Watford, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Careers that Change Lives
Join a diverse team of innovators who bring their worldview, unique backgrounds, and individual life experiences to work every day. It’s no accident — we work hard to cultivate a workforce that reflects our patients and partners. We believe it’s the only way to drive healthcare forward and remain a global leader in medical technology and solutions.
We are actively looking for talented people who speak Italian and/or Spanish to join our team!
A Day in the Life
Drive retention of new patients during their onboarding on insulin pump and/or continuous glucose monitoring through dynamic outbound calls at various points of therapy and inbound calls related to: Product education, Patient assessments, Additional factors such as diet, exercise and lifestyle, and Goal setting, barrier identification and coaching. This role is expected to collaborate with members of other departments and representatives to fully address customer needs.
Main Job Duties/Responsibilities
- As appropriate, partner with The Field to onboard patients, monitor and intervene with “at risk” patients when necessary
- Builds positive relationships with patients, assisting with goal setting, realizing goals, identifying, and overcoming concerns during therapy onboarding
- Use dynamic communication skills to identify patient unmet needs and “pain points” and utilize objection handling techniques to communicate with the patient
- Monitor Helpline call activity, online learning activity, and CareLink data to identify patients that may need additional support and direct to appropriate group for intervention
- Measure success through monitoring patient retention, patient learning metrics, quality scores and customer satisfaction ratings
- Testing and conducting “proof of concept” sessions with patients to enhance StartRight solutions
- Cooperate and coordinate with Medtronic team members encouraging positive work environment, adapting to changing situations, environments, and various shifts to meet customer needs.
- Available to work on-call outside of business hours as scheduled in department
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Therapy and Product Knowledge
- Use proficient disease, therapy and product knowledge to support customers
- Deliver safe and reliable customer service and support for Medtronic Diabetes customers.
- Act on training and coaching to meet quality standards and operational targets
- Ensure on or above-target compliance with call quality standards
- Manage time effectively by prioritizing calls, follow-up and administrative tasks to achieve team and individual Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Demonstrate empathy, patience and resilience while safely assisting customers
- Communicate actively and effectively with customers, to record and present clear and concise information in a timely manner – both oral and written
- Perceive, understand, and manage emotions and feelings to connect empathically to sense and anticipate customer needs
- Ability to effectively handle high stress situations
Technical, system knowledge
- Understand Guardian Connect System as well as MiniMed 780G to support customer questions
- Effectively communicate with customers to resolve issues and answer questions according to department protocols and requirements
- Accurately and consistently document customer interactions in ICE
- Ensure support and solutions provided are aligned with Department and Standard Operating Procedures
- Understand, comply with Medtronic policies and serve as an ambassador for Medtronic with internal/external stakeholders
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university OR At least 1 year of customer service or support experience in a contact center, office or helpdesk environment or relevant work experience.
- 1 + year of Medtronic experience in Product Support Team with consistent strong performance
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with patients that creates trust and engagement
- Completion of secondary school
- Fluent in Italian and/or Spanish (verbal and written)
- Strong oral and written language skills in: English
- Effective multi-tasking (navigating between programs to access customer data and input text during call)
- Basic to intermediate level of math skill required to assist customers with their vital statistics
Nice to Have
- Post-secondary education
- Diabetes and Therapy Knowledge
- Experience using: SAP and MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Comfortable with technology, quick to learn new technologies/solutions contributing to patient’s success
- Keyboarding 40 WPM average
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Watford, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A