This Jobsfunter Listing is about Macys in Annapolis, MD 2022
About the job
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
Our store management team has the privilege to lead, manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store results. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store management team puts you on a fast-track to career success.
As the leader of Sales and Customer Service, you will lead by driving sales and selling with focus on the Macy’s customer. All activities related to presenting a clean, neat and organized shopping environment for our customers are under your direction. You will lead initiatives and related efforts to increase customer loyalty, while delivering on Macy’s standards for customer service. With training, coaching and development, a team of Colleagues will grow following your leadership. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Drive and exceed sales goals by leading Macy’s initiatives through coaching and recognition, while optimizing productivity and efficiency.
- Lead customer service in the store. Ensure colleagues engage with customers and provide a friendly and easy to shop environment.
- Support Manager, Operations & Visual Merchandising to complete all operational activities in store when needed, including Price changes, ad setup/takedown, Merchandising, fulfillment and RTVs driven by Workload Planning Meeting.
- Review Sales and Star Rewards results and strategize action for continued improvement.
- Review and utilize Sales data to provide colleague recognition; develop and communicate strategies to improve results.
- Determine strategies to drive and motivate colleagues to solicit the Star Rewards Program by reinforcing the benefits of new accounts.
- Continue to build the client relationship between Macy’s Stylists and customers through MyClient and other customer acquisition initiatives.
- Plan and execute events and community outreach.
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis.
- Conduct ongoing Talent Analysis of colleagues and establish career progression plans for key players and positions to result in retention of best talent and turnover reduction.
- Actively fill open positions prioritizing internal colleagues in Commission, Specialist and High Level selling areas.
- Interview, hire, train, direct, manage, coach, develop, coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports; establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support; direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with colleagues.
- Analyze reports in order to strategize and deliver results; implement action plans focusing on deficient areas and highlight growth opportunities.
- Ensure most effective sales floor coverage through the development of workforce solutions and lead selling initiatives throughout the store as needed.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications And Competencies
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years related experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to draft reports and other communications, effectively present to management and internal and external business partners, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Exchange.
- Self-motivated. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits.
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Annapolis, MD
Application Deadline: N/A