Data Analysis Manager Job in M. Holland Company United States
Website M. Holland Company
This Jobsfunter Listing is about M Holland Company in United States 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
Manager, Data and Analytics
M. Holland is a leading international distributor of materials, service and solutions to the thermoplastics industry, providing suppliers with the most strategic channels to market, offering innovative sourcing and supply chain solutions to its clients, and providing talented people with rewarding career opportunities. Since 1950, a deep commitment to personal relationships has formed the core of the company’s heritage, its culture, and its vision. Headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois, M. Holland sells in excess of 1.5 billion pounds of plastic resin to more than 4,000 clients in 50 countries annually. The company is serious about its brand statement ‘’ We Take Plastics Personally” — and it is committed to transforming the plastics experience for clients, suppliers and its people.
This role will be instrumental in identifying and visualizing business trends and insights for the Commercial and Marketing teams.
Additional responsibilities include: guiding a leveraged departmental team, developing reports/queries, creating scorecards, performing statistical analysis, forecasting demand, and refining key performance indicators.
- Develop data and analytics shared service for the business that produces core reporting and analytics, but also acts as a data steward for priority data collected.
- Develop strong working relationships with Commercial leadership, cross-functional stakeholders, end users, Innovation & Technology team, and other analysts in the organization.
- Hire and manage a team of data analysists longer term
- Act as the internal subject matter expert for customer and channel related data and analysis.
- Provide data-led recommendations that improve the profitability of the business
- Render KPIs through role specific dashboards and seamlessly integrate the data from multiple sources.
- Create and evolve performance management tools and processes to align with future CRM platform
- Develop user scorecards and metrics to provide high level visibility into performance and Commercial compliance to processes & SLAs 2.3 Develop user scorecards and metrics to provide high level visibility into performance and Commercial compliance to processes & SLAs
- Gather, analyze, document and validate the needs of stakeholders in accordance with PMO guidelines
- Interpret and translate needs of Commercial team for improved deliverables
- Manage queue of departmental projects & programs as well as Commercial BI data, reporting or querying requests and backlog
- Coordinate and drive performance of project teams and develop and drive implementation of project plans within budgets and timelines.
- Ensures the integrity of project data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis.
- Develop and maintain SQL generating datasets to meet customer demand
- Utilize statistical data analysis tools (e.g. deviation, slope, capability, correlation) and translate data, trends, opportunities and other information into insights
- Manipulate data in BI software (e.g. Power BI) and Excel to create and share internally
- Maintain existing reports and data processes in SSIS / SSRS
- Perform data validation, root cause analysis, and ETL activities to ensure data accuracy
- Research, analyze and resolve issues surrounding data. Work with functional teams to resolve data discrepancies.
- Reports gap analysis, verifies data validation & analysis, capable to be conversant with data warehousing
- Implement customer lifecycle, lifetime value and cost to serve measurement and analysis
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience leading teams
- At least 7 years’ experience writing your own SQL and using SQL on the job
- Skills with data models, keys, concatenations, lookups, joins, deduplications, transpositions, ranges, indexes, and other data presentation and manipulations.
- Skills and/or knowledge of database design, query language, and report writing
- At least 7 years’ experience providing reporting and datasets to internal / external customers
- At least 5 years’ experience working on a team using agile methods
- Demonstrated experience with Business Intelligence software (Power BI, Sisense, Qlik, Tableau)
- Knowledge and proven working experience of data management and data warehousing principles
- Experience building dashboards and automating manual processes
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities required
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, consistently meet deadlines, and communicate both up and down the organization effectively.
- Skills in statistical analysis tools as well as skills or ability to learn advanced analytics software (e.g. R, Knime, PowerBI, SAS)
- Knowledge of lean, 5-S, six-sigma and other continuous improvement methodologies
To learn more about M. Holland, please visit www.mholland.com
M. Holland is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Company: M. Holland Company
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A