Supporting the Bank of Scotland brand, our team in Scotland are looking for a Relationship Director to support high value clients within the SME portfolio with all their banking needs including lending, deposits plus a range of other products and services. There is an aspiration to grow the portfolio through bringing more of the Bank’s proposition to our existing clients and building out our franchise.
- Uncovering emerging issues and/or needs and identifying potential causes, related issues, barriers and key stakeholders to find the best way forward
- Establishing relationships with Group Partner companies and through them bringing the whole Bank to the client, delivering products to meet their needs
- Handling the ‘Risk’ side of your client portfolio including supporting clients with developing ESG strategies / journey to Net Zero.
- Mentoring & stretching the development of others in the team, whilst also investing in opportunities for your own personal development
- Managing and developing high profile client relationships (£10-25m Turnover), putting the client at the heart of what you do, adding value at every interaction and becoming a “trusted advisor”
- Identifying and evaluating complex expertise-led solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business needs
- Strong financial and numerical skills
- Detailed understanding of legal documentation, together with the ability to effectively negotiate legal and commercial terms.
- Understanding and appreciation of the different types of risk in a lending environment and how to minimise such Risk
- Leadership skills – able to nurture, coach and motivate team members in order to ensure that team performance is maximized.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong communication skills with experience in building, developing and maintaining relationships with clients and influential external stakeholders.
- Proven credit experience – skilled at evaluating propositions and using that experience to make confident and effective commercial recommendations to the Credit team.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org