Website Liberty Group South Africa
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Liberty Group South Africa in JohannesburgMetropolitanArea 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
At Liberty, we employ more than 6 000 people across 7 businesses in 18 African countries. Every day, our employees grow their knowledge by working with diverse groups of people who specialise in a wide range of skills across insurance, asset management, investment and health products. We continually seek to engage, develop, recognize and reward the people who make our business great.
As a Specialist Project Manager you will be responsible for advising and providing support in project management. Develop, maintain and enhance operational business relationships, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs.
- Actively contribute to the effective delivery of project tasks according to allocated duties and project plan and escalate identified risks.
- Provide business support through subject matter knowledge and work area experience to enhance operational service delivery and quality.
- Gather information to inform reporting on relevant metrics and trends to inform pricing and other operational decisions and/or remedial actions.
- Analyse operational records, trends and costs related to estimated and realised revenues to project future revenues and expenses.
- Coordinate project planning activities through the preparation of resource scheduling, physical planning, monitoring and control of project design.
- Analyse data to identify possible areas for improved operations and optimised work schedules and make practically implementable recommendations.
- Collect information for project tracking and status reporting according to defined project reporting standards.
- Accountable for the execution of specialised work including the improvement of quality, standards and outputs within defined work routines and operating procedures.
- Proactively solves problems, determines root-cause and applies solutions in line with guidelines and providing the necessary information to solve problems related to area of specialisation.
- Plan for own task execution and advises on improvements related to area of specialisation.
- 3 – 5 years working experience in a similar environment.
- +5 years of experience in managing IT projects to successful completion.
- Experience in both Hybrid and Agile methodologies.
- Experience in Scrum Master (SAFE will be advantageous).
- Experience in Agile implementation (SAFE Framework).
- Experience within Financial Services.
- Experience in managing multiple projects.
- Working experience with Project Management tool set.
- Management of project teams including internal communications and vendor management.
- Exposure to Office 3653, Jira, and Azure DevOps will be advantageous.
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas [NQF Level 07] in Project Management.
- Project Management certification is preferred (PgMP, or equivalent), Program Management certification is advantageous.
- Agile Practitioner certification an asset (PMI-ACP or equivalent).
Liberty Group Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and the group’s Transformation Strategy, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards the achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the organization.
Vaccination Policy & Hybrid Working Model
We are evolving the way we work and will be launching a Hybrid working model, in line with this Liberty has implemented a Mandatory vaccination policy which is applicable to all employees, this is to further strengthen our commitment to the safety of all employees. Right of refusal to be vaccinated against COVID-19, either on constitutional and/or medical grounds, is taken into consideration and will be dealt with through an objection process. More information about our Hybrid working model and Mandatory vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position.
Company: Liberty Group South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: JohannesburgMetropolitanArea
Application Deadline: N/A