Website LanceSoft, Inc.
This Jobsfunter Listing is about LanceSoft Inc in Nashville, TN 2022
About the job
Job Title: Intermediate Documentation Specialist (Writing/Editing)
Job Location: Nashville, TN 37203
Duration: 12+ months Contract (Hybrid role)
The role of Intermediate Documentation Specialist will be responsible for writing, rewriting, and/or editing technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Create, format, and update marketing materials and company policy/procedure documentation, as requested.
Maintain technical writing standards and follow processes throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
Major functions/ Technical/Functional skills::
- Collaborate and confer with stakeholders to document subject material and technical specifications
- Research, propose, and implement customer-specific documentation solutions
- Actively participate in and integrate on teams committed to continuous improvement
- Initiate improvements in documentation
- Display advanced time-management ability
- Ability to manage revolving deadlines and meeting schedules for multiple assigned programs teams with minimal coordination by Documentation Manager
- Display advanced level of consistency in documentation quality with minimal supervision and need for correction
- Comply with and suggest improvements to document control management processes
- Standardize organizational documentation within assigned projects, as needed
- Monitor user feedback and implement improvements
- Develop, gather, and disseminate technical information
- Manage multiple documentation tasks with revolving deadlines
- Meet all deadlines
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned by programs team members, peers, and/or the Technical Editing/Writing Manager
- Ability to comprehend, assimilate, and document numerous software applications, hardware functionality, and software/hardware integration independently
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent grammar skills
- Basic Interface Control Document, drawing, and schematic knowledge
- Advanced understanding of technical writing conventions
- Ability to comprehend and clearly communicate complex technical data
- Advanced documentation layout and formatting skills
- Highly motivated, independent individual Education/Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using Adobe Creative Suite to produce digital/ print publications. Adobe InDesign experience is preferred, but not required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, such as English, Technical Writing, or Technical Communications preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Agile SCRUM process preferred, but not required.
EEO: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran, EEO, including disability/vets.
Company: LanceSoft, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Nashville, TN
Application Deadline: N/A