Warehouse Operations Manager (Outbound) vacancy in Kuehne+Nagel Ontario, CA
This Jobsfunter Listing is about KuehneNagel in Ontario, CA 2022
About the job
If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most successful logistics organization, we are looking for a new Warehouse Operations Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join our Contract Logistics team in Ontario, CA.
The Warehouse Operations (Outbound) Manager is responsible for directing the daily activities of the inbound/outbound operations. Key responsibilities include labor, shipping and receiving operations, implementation of safety, security, housekeeping and sanitation programs, and customer service.
- Assist in the development and direct programs to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operations and utilization of the warehouse.
- Schedule inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities.
- Executing the schedule of all department operations including production planning, procurement, shipping, handling returned/damaged goods, maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient manner.
- Plan labor needs based on customer forecasts and input from management.
- Drive daily activities through proactive communication.
- Ensure the accuracy of all receiving and shipping documents.
- Review and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities
- Assist in investigating and resolving shipment/ inventory discrepancies.
- Utilize activity reports to monitor team performance.
- Collaborate with facility leadership team to establish goals.
- Maintain a continuous improvement plan to meet prescribed cost and services standards.
- Develop procedures to ensure the efficient operation and utilization of the warehouse operations.
- Develop, implement and direct programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of reports regarding warehouse operations.
- Work with Production Department supervisors to develop smooth flow of goods into and out of the warehouse.
- Communicate job expectations and evaluated employee performance. Counseled, retrained and took corrective actions as necessary based on company policies and in consultation with Human Resources.
- Other Duties may apply.
Your Skills And Experiences
- 3-5 years of management experience in a warehousing.
- Bachelor degree in business.
- Strong customer orientation and problem solving skills.
- Proven proficiency in a warehouse environment.
- Successful track record in leadership and supervising the work of subordinates.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement
- Computer skills – Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel (advanced).
- Strong communication skills (Written and oral)
- Must be team oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment. req87061
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A