This Jobsfunter Listing is about KuehneNagel in Chicago, IL 2022
About the job
As a Key Account Manager at Kuehne+Nagel, we believe your plus shapes our future. Your plus is the sum of your expertise, your background and your unique set of skillsets creating growth and value to the evolving market of logistics. Join a highly successful sales team with one of the world’s leading logistics providers based in Chicago as part of our growing, international network.
Our Key Account Managers are strategic consultants with the ultimate responsibility to understand our customers’ needs and requirements in proposing solutions that add value and build long lasting partnerships.
- Directly responsible for key accounts: engaging with the customer and Kuehne+Nagel’s network as the lynchpin in developing a strong relationship.
- Actively plans and executes key account strategy: defining strategic approach on value proposition & solution as well as the internal and external positions of Kuehne+Nagel on RFQs & tenders; partnering with our business units to deliver attractive pricing and service.
- Proactively identifies new opportunities: increasing the footprint of business and solutions with assigned customer(s), ensuring an attractive and sizeable pipeline and high closing ratio.
- Regularly conducts structured review sessions: aligning and updating customers on customer strategy and priorities; adjusting our value proposition; offering continuous improvement and innovation.
- Competently connects virtual account teams: ensuring true global customer representation, collaborating with related Key Account Manager networks globally and exchanging best practices and sales leads.
- Successfully controls monthly performance: monitoring volume, profitability, pipeline, overdues, and ensuring immediate actions in case of deviations (i.e. timeliness / accurate reporting).
- Effectively hands over new business: transitioning new business into operations to ensure that customer requirements and the commitments of Kuehne+Nagel are met.
Your Skills And Experiences
- Successfully completed an academic degree, ideally with a focus on logistics
- Strong leadership skills to drive key account initiatives across geographies and to establish a strong sense of direction and identity for the team
- In-depth knowledge of the Industrial sector or of similar fast-paced and dynamic industries
- High customer orientation and strong communication skills for building collaborative and trusting relationships with key influencers within the customer organization as well as within Kuehne+Nagel
- Strategic mindset in proactively developing effective, long-term solutions for our customers, incorporating latest industry trends, and delivering continuous improvement
- Willingness to nurture team engagement in building a strong global community of colleagues and customers that collaborate for mutual success
Good Reasons to Join
At Kuehne+Nagel, you can utilise and refine your relationship management skills and specialised business acumen as part of a committed and dynamic sales team. We offer extensive trainings and education for professional development, competitive remuneration, and ample opportunity to engage, collaborate and lead with a truly global network. Our employees particularly appreciate the high degree of creative freedom, the fluid transfer of responsibility and international career exposure. Success comes with the people who make it possible, which is why we do our best to take you on board for the long term. Together, we will #winthefuture From our Key Account Managers: “It is impossible not to succeed here” and “if you have an idea, people make space to explore it”. For a closer look at what your Key Account Manager career could be like with us, read more here about our industry verticals, additional global job openings, stories from our colleagues and more. req79714
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A