Website KPMG US
This Jobsfunter Listing is about KPMG US in Minneapolis, MN 2022
About the job
Requisition Number: 85240 – 44
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/ Director in Risk Strategy & Compliance – Actuarial for our Consulting practice.
- Direct and manage staff level personnel and collaborate with peers in the execution of advisory projects for life insurers and reinsurers
- Lead, delegate and develop staff level actuaries on the specialist scope of life insurance audits
- Provide quality and insightful client service to life insurers transforming their business and adopting new accounting standards
- Collaborate with non-actuarial professionals aiding in merger and acquisition related projects including valuation, due diligence, and actuarial value calculations
- Deliver business-results oriented analysis of technical data and perform reserve and/or other valuation-based services
- Develop, monitor, and manage project timelines and support budget analysis; Help shape the delivery of services and solutions
- Lead actuarial business development efforts for primary target clients and provide leadership on identified business development efforts
- Participate in development of thought leadership, marketing and branding collateral
- Assist with project planning, development of deliverables, and other technical writing exercises
- Minimum five years of actuarial work experience including knowledge of: US GAAP, IFRS 17, and statutory valuation methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a strong academic background in actuarial science, applied statistics, financial analysis, insurance and mathematics
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or with multiple supervisors and be able to prioritize work without intensive direction from supervisors
- Strong understanding of Life Insurance products
- Certification as a Fellow in the Society of Actuaries
- Travel may be up to 40-60% as required by client demands
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Minimum eight years of actuarial work experience including knowledge of: US GAAP, IFRS 17, and statutory valuation methodologies; minimum two years of consulting experience; active member of the American Academy of Actuaries is strongly preferred
- Strong business development skills and industry presence; strong working relationships with a book of insurance clients is desired
- Intimate familiarity with US and/or international accounting bases including US GAAP Targeted Improvements and IFRS17
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Company: KPMG US
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN
Application Deadline: N/A