Website KPMG US
This Jobsfunter Listing is about KPMG US in Melville, NY 2022
About the job
Requisition Number: 85246 – 65
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate/Senior Associate to join our Advisory Services practice.
- Provide technical support on property and casualty insurance related projects (both audit support and advisory)
- Leverage various software platforms and bespoke models to deliver quality results
- Commitment to achieving actuarial designation by passing at least one actuarial examination per year
- Maintain documentation files consistent with KPMG work paper requirements
- Assist with project planning, deliverables and other technical writing exercises
- Actively participate in actuarial practice strategic initiatives such as innovation, business development, marketing and practice management
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Associate::
- Supervise and serve as a mentor to associates, new hires and interns on projects and practice initiatives
- Identify expansion opportunities for management consideration
- Minimum one year of recent experience in actuarial science with applicable recent work experience in a professional services environment; experience working in reserving and consulting is preferred (consulting experience is preferred)
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university with a strong academic background in actuarial science, applied statistics, financial analysis, insurance and mathematics and passed two actuarial exams
- Ability to work in a team and on multiple projects and prioritize work without intensive direction from supervisors
- Strong working knowledge of actuarial software and database software such as Microsoft Excel analytics and modeling experience, such as R, Python, SAS is preferred Access; possess strong technical, writing and verbal communication skills
- Availability for travel based on client and project demands
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Additional Qualifications For Senior Associate
- A minimum of three years of related work experience and passed five actuarial exams
- Certification as an associate of the Society of Actuaries/Casualty Actuarial Society is preferred
- Strong understanding of property and casualty insurance products
- Previous supervisory experience
- Well-established understanding of business dynamics and operations
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Company: KPMG US
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Melville, NY
Application Deadline: N/A