Website KPMG US
This Jobsfunter Listing is about KPMG US in McLean, VA 2022
About the job
Requisition Number: 85164 – 94
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Federal Advisory practice.
- Review and evaluate financial risk, financial reporting, and accounting transactions processes including controls related to federal entities
- Review and evaluate federal financial business processes and financial statements
- Generate and review work products, support site visits and walkthroughs, document current and future state processes, support the development of financial strategies, and create and execute training materials
- Manage across the project lifecycle including assisting with scope definition, business case development, vendor assessment, requirements gathering, functional and technical design, testing, training, and implementation phases
- Review work performed by other staff and interact with Project Manager on engagement matters
- Contribute to design, preparation, and analysis of reports / findings in a clear, logical, and concise manner
- A minimum of three years of federal financial management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related discipline from an accredited college/university; CPA / CGFM / CDFM certifications preferred
- Experience in the preparation, review, and analysis of financial statements for U.S. Federal government entities; working knowledge of the USSGL preferred
- Experience analyzing financial and systems processes and controls
- Ability to travel as required to support firm engagements
- U.S. citizenship required and an active U.S. Federal government Secret security clearance
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Company: KPMG US
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: McLean, VA
Application Deadline: N/A