Website KPMG South Africa
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under KPMG South Africa in Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
Senior Internal Auditor (D5)
Number Of Positions
Function And Business Unit
Internal Audit Risk and Compliance Services: Durban Office
Description Of The Role And Purpose Of The Job
Our national Internal Audit, Risk, Compliance and Sustainability Services (IARCS) practice provides strategic sourcing of Internal Audit; Enterprise Risk Management; Governance, Regulatory Compliance, Contract Compliance and Sustainability services. The KPMG South Africa IARCS practice was established in 1996 to add value to our clients by focusing on their major business risks impacting the organisation strategic and business objectives. We aim to deliver a consistent and high-quality set of services based on:
- A local practice with talented high performing professionals.
- Subject matter professionals teaming up with internal auditors to enhance value to the client.
- Our focus on global industries helps KPMG people to develop a rich understanding of clients’ businesses and the insight, skills and resources required to address industry specific issues and opportunities.
- Access to a network of specialists including financial, operational and IT auditors across the global KPMG network.
KPMG considers itself a market leading Internal Audit provider locally and globally and currently we have a vacancy for one experienced Senior Internal Auditor within our Durban office who will participate in and support the delivery of internal audit, risk management and governance services to our esteemed local client portfolio.
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for:
- Assisting with internal audit planning, the risk assessment, scope, budget, internal audit programme and procedures development.
- Executing internal audit assignments in line with the KPMG methodology, KPMG risk management and engagement standards, mandated budget and client deadlines.
- Identifying weak/problem areas and its root cause, document findings, developing effective corrective action plans and following up on implementation of the corrective action.
- Assisting with the preparation of audit reports, presentation/communicating findings and recommendations to management including discussion/negotiation of the findings.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement, enhancing current levels of service delivery, quality and client satisfaction.
- Assisting with departmental administration and initiatives (as required).
Skills And Attributes Required For The Role
- Sound understanding of internal audit, risk management and regulatory imperatives.
- Previous Internal Auditor experience including relevant experience in:
- Business process, risk, control and process improvement documentation (mapping) and analysis (including sound risk, control and process improvement documentation and analysis ability).
- Audit programme development and workpapers are completed to the desired standard in line with relevant client scope areas, related risks, control concerns and client expectations are met satisfactorily.
- Sound and structured report writing ability (considering all key facts and background).
- Good time management and ability to drive your own quality work deliverables within the agreed project budgets and deadlines.
- Professional integrity and a high performing team player who can work autonomously, remains accountable and contributes to a positive and cohesive team environment.
- Competence in data analytics (using IDEA or related tools, ability to execute routine data analytics procedures and analysing results appropriately).
- Ability to work under pressure, good analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skills.
Minimum requirements to apply for the role (including qualifications and experience):
- B Com Hons Internal Auditing (or relevant qualification)
- CIA designation progress (advantageous)
- Minimum of three years relevant working experience
Company: KPMG South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A