This Jobsfunter Listing is about KeyBank in Ann Arbor, MI 2022
About the job
2207 W Stadium Boulevard – Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103
The Financial Wellness Consultant (FWC) role (similar to a Universal Banker) is a Banker who also conducts Teller transactions to build relationships and uncover opportunities.
Financial Wellness education is a big opportunity in our communities. In response to that need, Key’s branches have become more advice-centered. We equip our FWCs with a state-of-the-art digital tool that empowers FWCs to have deeper conversations with clients. This tool allows us to deliver expert advice to our clients and gets them thinking about important questions related to their finances. FWCs are expected to conduct lead outreach and to process client service transactions to uncover opportunities.
The financial wellness platform does the heavy lifting in these conversations. You don’t have to be a financial expert to be a successful FWC, you just need to have a strong desire to help people make better financial choices and be good at starting conversations, quickly building a rapport, and asking deeper questions. You really need to love the sales process, be genuinely curious, and have strong time management skills to balance sales and client service support in this role. Every day is different, and the role is best for someone who thrives on variety and challenge.
If you have a passion for financial wellness, helping others, and making a difference in your community, this role could be for you.
What It’s Like to Work with Us:
Our branches are like families, typically small tight-knit groups. KeyBank employees share a passion for helping our communities thrive. Joining a Key branch means joining a family with a singular goal – to help people and local businesses improve their financial outlook. Our branch employees share many great stories about how they have empowered clients to make better, more confident financial decisions.. We do work that matters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Driving financial wellness conversations with clients (both impromptu and through appointment setting); educating them on our products and services and achieving sales goals.
- This role is fast-paced. There is little idle time and you will be interacting with people all day- in wellness conversations, processing transactions, or greeting clients as they arrive.
- Consistently providing exceptional client experience by helping to create a welcoming environment in our branches.
- FWCs are a client concierge – providing both transactional and account opening services to clients.
- One of the most challenging parts of this role is time management. A successful FWC needs to be a self-starter that manages their time wisely. You will be supported but you will own your days and will need to seek out opportunities to contribute to branch operations while also meeting sales goals.
- To be successful in this role you’ll need to pick up the phone and get out into the field – canvassing, setting appointments, calling on local businesses and existing book of business.
- Developing strong partnerships with colleagues across various lines of business.
- Ensuring compliance with operational, security and audit procedures and policies including appropriate documentation of client interactions.
What You’ll Get from This Opportunity:
- Our total incentive compensation plan is highly competitive (salary + generous bonuses for high performers).
- Competitive pay and unique benefits – 401(k) matching (dollar-for-dollar up to 6%), profit sharing, generous PTO, fitness and tuition reimbursement, and so much more.
- You will build broad knowledge of retail banking and financial services products and services and will develop relationships across business lines. Many career paths will be available to you in this role (e.g., Financial Advisor, Branch Manager, Mortgage Lender, etc.). We look for people who are willing to make a commitment to the role for a couple of years and we enable interested employees to advance their career as they learn and develop.
- Paid job training and access to a library of specialized professional development and training courses.
- Access to a formal enterprise mentoring program.
- There is a lot of daily variety in this role.
- We give you access to powerful centers of influence that will help set you up for success, if you build and nurture those relationships.
- A formal enterprise mentoring program.
- Other performance-based rewards.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer relationships and building referral sources.
- Demonstrated experience with business partner collaboration and networking.
- Sales-oriented mindset, confident with making outbound calls, being persuasive and overcoming objections.
- Experience in a team-based environment with proven communication, collaboration, and customer service skills.
- Comfort with the branch operations role (e.g., audits, balancing the vault, comfort handling large amounts of cash).
- Working knowledge of PCs (MS Windows and Office Products including Word, Excel, etc.) and digital technology (mobile, apps, web-based browsing).
- Ability to work branch hours, which may include Saturday mornings.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate travel outside of the branches, including outside sales calls.
- Physical Requirements: Frequent mobility (5-8 hours) in an office setting, ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent lifting of 1 – 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Employees in this position are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key’s sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Application Deadline: N/A