Website KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc.
This Jobsfunter Listing is about KARL STORZ EndoscopyAmerica Inc in El Segundo, CA 2022
About the job
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 12278
Pay Grade: TBD
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
Credentialing & Registration Specialist
Responsible for the management of the registration and renewal process for new and existing facility registrations. Also responsible for the associated credentialing needs for all US-based KARL STORZ employees, contingent workers, and visitors who require access to facilities as a main job function or at the direction of their manager. Mentor employees through the process and act as advocate/liaison between employees and third-party credentialing vendors, background check vendors, clinics, and other internal functions.
- Manage full-cycle hospital and registration process on behalf of all US-based KARL STORZ employees, contingent workers, and visitors who require access to facilities.
- Coordinate with employees and managers to identify needs and gather information to create individual registration profiles and memberships. Submit relevant and required information company and employee information and submit payment for each new profile and each profile renewal.
- Work with employee to help gather and complete documentation and training required by their hospitals.
- Cancel, disable, remove KARL STORZ affiliation, and otherwise render useless the registration profiles for terminated employees.
- Accurately manage and maintain Hospital Registration Database to be used for subsequent research and reconciliation activities.
- Manage approximately 50-75 emails daily from employees and managers requiring registration, renewal, credentialing, or hospital requirement assistance.
- Act as credentialing and registration liaison for KARL STORZ’s employee population. Explain and reiterate process and requirements associated with individual hospitals or credentialing companies.
- Understand and explain the credentialing requirements of various screenings, training, attestations, insurance certificates, and other various documents that are demanded by facilities and registration sites.
- Coordinate with employees and clinics/doctor’s offices during the onboarding process to ensure all credentialing requirements are being fulfilled and that all health screen documents will be completed prior to hire.
- Manage Concentra and HireImage online portals to capture health screen and background check results and action as appropriate.
- Create Criminal Background and Drug Screen Attestation letters for new hires and existing employees as needed. Some requirements are annual or at set intervals.
- Create Welcome emails for new hires that includes instructions, attestation letters, and other required documentation and distribute on first day of hire. Also run the Hospital Credentialing & Registration session for bi-weekly New Hire Orientation.
- Coordinate and upload annual General Liability Certificates of Insurance as well as Custom certificates to the various registration sites based on hospital requirements.
- Gather, review, and submit specific items for specific hospital needs which include, but are not limited to job descriptions, KARL STORZ officers lists, off-cycle background or drug screens, etc.
- May perform other duties as required.
Minimum years of relevant work experience: 2-4 years related experience in Hospital Registration, Hospital Credentialing, Medical Insurance, Accounts Payable, or Accounting.
Minimum education, certifications and/or credentials: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum hard skill requirements (including computer and application proficiency): Must possess advanced excel skills for manipulating large data sets, while maintaining data integrity. Functions to include Vlookups, Concatenations, If/Then statements, data and cell validation, etc.
Minimum Soft Skill Requirements
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail.
- Display high sense of urgency and professional customer-service focus.
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage daily tasks to triage requests and ensure optimal and accurate turn-around.
- Possess knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA regulatory guidelines.
- Possess the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of employee and corporate information.
- Possess the responsibility to use the corporate credit card.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
Vaccine requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our employees unless otherwise due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role you are seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation regarding the vaccine requirement see below on the process for requesting accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our overall response to COVID-19.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks’ vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee’s first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
- Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at [email protected].
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ’s Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: El Segundo, CA
Application Deadline: N/A