Website Kansas State University Foundation
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Kansas State University Foundation in Manhattan, KS 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
We are searching for talent to join our Investments team! The Investment Operations Specialist is responsible for the operational due diligence for investment vendors. This position provides project support and analysis for investment related tax and compliance issues, and general administrative assistance to the investment department. The Specialist analyzes complex situations and applies professional communication skills, good judgment, discretion, and tact while managing multiple projects across the department. This position works closely with investment vendors, cross-functional colleagues, donors, volunteers, and University and Foundation leadership.
As a Certified Great Place to Work, organizational culture and employee engagement is important to us. We strive to harness your talents and build upon your strengths. We offer resources for professional growth so team members can find their purpose, a path to grow, ways to add value and thrive. Work alongside passionate, caring, and talented people who trust and challenge one another in our intentional pursuit to be the best.
A day in the life of the Investment Operations Specialist could be:
- Manage investment operations including subscription and redemption forms, initial review of private placement memorandums/limited partnership agreements, review of limited partner elections, term changes, continuation vehicles, and extension requests.
- Conduct the operational due diligence process of prospective fund managers.
- Coordinate and manage the annual investment manager fee analysis project, complete investment and peer surveys, and coordinate/manage the annual peer analysis project.
- Partner with the compliance team on annual tax/compliance related forms and as-needed projects.
- Schedule quarterly manager review meetings between investment staff and appropriate staff at investment vendors and provide quality control to manager review process.
- Create internal/external print and electronic communications. Create, write, and edit content on the department’s webpage and SharePoint page, and draft legal correspondence.
- Provide volunteer engagement and enrichment materials by creating, writing and developing content for volunteer orientation materials, proposals, meeting agendas, presentations, and filings.
- Ensure communications from fund managers are properly downloaded, organized and saved.
- Document meeting minutes, create and distribute agendas and exhibits for the asset management committee.
- Manage calendar and travel plans for team members, including the coordination of large meetings with outside partners, government officials, and University administration.
- Reconcile expense reports and monitor department budget.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years professional work experience
- Basic knowledge of investment performance measurement, capital markets, investment strategies, policies and regulations applicable to investment operations.
- Project management experience with the ability to identify strategic opportunities for improvement and implementation of best practices to sustain success
- Experience leading collaboration and delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal across a myriad of audiences
- Driven, hardworking with outstanding attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy, and dedication to high quality outcomes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and a generally adoptive view and application of software and technology
- A valid motor vehicle operator’s license with an acceptable driving record
Desired Skills & Experience:
- CFA, CIPM, CAIA, or related certification
- Legal assistant certification from an accredited institution
- Experience with non-profits, ideally in higher education
- Possess a can-do demeanor and positive outlook
- Passion and enthusiasm for the University and the mission of the Foundation
Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
The Foundation is committed to providing opportunities for all employees to succeed by creating an environment that is inclusive and draws upon the strength of the diverse backgrounds and personal experiences of our team.
Employees cultivate a supportive, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable work environment that allows everyone to feel connected to the organization’s mission and contribute to their full potential.
Some limited travel may be required
Why work at Kansas State University Foundation?
- Competitive benefits package including health, dental, company paid life insurance, and a variety of voluntary benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% company contribution
- Company paid HSA contributions
- Paid leave including vacation, sick, personal and volunteer
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Paid holidays
- Tuition and certification assistance
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Access to extensive online library of technical and soft skill courses through LinkedIn Learning
- $300 annual wellness program reimbursement
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Adoption assistance program
Company: Kansas State University Foundation
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Manhattan, KS
Application Deadline: N/A