Website Kalitta Air
Inspect aircraft and components for discrepancies. Inspect and evaluate work performed by mechanics, sheet metal mechanics, and avionics technicians to ensure the proper rework of discrepancies.
- Review the scope and detail of inspection requirements and inspect aircraft and components by obtaining and interpreting work cards. Complete a visual inspection of aircraft areas opened by mechanics, including by not limited to fuel tanks, empennage, cargo areas, underfloor areas, fuselage skin, engines, pylons, wings, flight control surfaces, flight decks, and landing gear.
- Identify non-routine work on aircraft systems, including but not limited to engine performance, pneumatic/hydraulics, pressurization, air conditioning, electrical, fuel, and flight controls. Identify the location of discrepancies by using fuselage body stations and butt lines.
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed and potential damage to company property is minimized by overseeing aircraft handling activities, including but not limited to jacking, fueling, defueling, and towing.
- Perform a receiving inspection for new and continued service parts to ensure serviceability, including but not limited to verifying certification from the manufacturer or overhaul facility and inspecting for shipping damage. Maintaining control and inventory for the QC Bond quarantine cage, including submitting Suspected Unapproved Parts (SUPs) reports to the Director of Quality Control.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections of articles and determine serviceability and/or repair requirements by obtaining, reviewing, and interpreting inspection requirements.
- Ensure completion of maintenance entries and work records for all articles inspected.
- Have at least 2 years of experience maintaining the same category and class of aircraft used by Kalitta Air.
Company: Kalitta Air
Vacancy Type: Full time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com